Silence

"(Y/n)! It was just a nightmare! Wake up!" You heard a voice yell as something held you down.

You shot up from bed, panting as you looked around the room. You then turned to find Bucky sitting on your bed, holding your arms from hitting him, worried expression vailing his face.

"You were screaming and thrashing around, I could hear you from my room. Are you alright?" He asked, as you continued to frantically look around the room.

Just as you came back to reality you saw Steve run into the room.

"(Y/n), what's going on?"

"She just had a nightmare. What was it about (y/n)?" Bucky asked, looking back to you.

"I... There was a m-" You were quickly interrupted by a throbbing pain from inside your head.

(You say a word about me, and I break your mind before you can even blink.)

There he was again, the voice from your nightmare. He was still there. You caught your breath, looking around the room again, eyes wide with panic.

"(Y/n), there's no one else here. What's going on?" Steve asked, following your vision.

(Not a word.) The voice warned again.

You took a deep breath, fear crept up your throat. Who was this voice inside your head? Were you going insane?

"N-nothing, I'm just a little shaken up. After the home invasion thing..." You said, putting on your best fake smile.

Bucky and Steve looked at each other for a moment, before turning back to you, a suspicious look on both their faces.

"That was a little more than 'shaken up.' Are you sure that's all?" Bucky asked, concern covering his face.

"Yeah, I just get a little stressed. I didn't mean to scare you, sorry," you apologized, hiding your guilt beyond a nervous neck rub.

"Alright, try to get some rest then," Steve said, walking out the door.

Bucky followed him, but he glanced back to look at you, his eyebrows knit. He wasn't buying it. When the door closed behind them, you took a deep breath.

(Good, you can keep your mouth shut. You may last longer than I thought...)

"Who are you? What is going on?" You whispered, you didn't need to worry anyone anymore tonight.

(What's going on is that your mind is mine. And if you don't do as I say, I will bring your mind to a state of utter insanity or kill you...)

"Why me? What can I do?"

(More than you think, your mind is the most malleable. It's new to me and that makes it so much easier. I would've chosen that assassin of yours, but his mind is already too difficult to navigate, it's in shambles.)

You sat in silence for a moment, this was bad. Really bad.

"What are you planning to have me do?" You asked, defeated.

(Tsk, tsk. That would ruin the fun. Just listen and keep your mouth shut.)

"Right...can I go to sleep now?"

(Actually, you might want to wake up.)

You heard a snap and your eyes shot open, as you sat up. How long had you been asleep?