A New Player

"They're interrogating him now. But I don't think he's going to let the cat out of the bag," Tony said as he worked on his science stuff that you gave up understanding a while ago. 

You nodded as you watched Steve talk to the intruder with his hands on the table, looking him straight in the eye. Sam stood back with his arms crossed letting Steve do as he pleased. After a few minutes, you saw the man say something before reaching into his mouth. Steve tried to stop him but it was too late, the man bit down on something causing his body to convulse before going limp in his chair. Steve put his hands on his head as Sam left the room. You stood there, frozen, you had never seen someone die before, much less kill themselves. Taking a deep breath, you quickly walked back down the hall to your room.

"How are you feeling?" Bucky asked as you walked past his room, his door open.
You backed up a bit to find him leaning on his door frame. 

"Fine, fine..." You said, lifting up your shoulders.

"You're a terrible liar, you know," he said, crossing his arms. 

You shrugged, looking at the ground. You didn't know what to say, you didn't have anything to say. But as you looked down you noticed something wrap around you. Bucky held his arms around you as you hugged back, your head resting on his chest.

"That's surprisingly out of character..." You said with a smirk, breaking away from the hug.

"Well, I'm just doing what Bucky would do. What I would do," he said, resting his hand on your shoulder.

He looked at you with his bright blue eyes, his head slightly tilted complimented with a smirk. For the first time he looked... natural, like this was how he was supposed to always be. And you couldn't help but smile.

"Thanks again, Bucky..."

"No problem, if you need to talk about anything, my doors always open," he said, putting both hands inside his pockets.

You turned around and walked into your room. You needed some time to gather your thoughts. How long were you able to stay until you were no longer in danger? Would you ever be able to go home? What else could you do to help the Avengers? You were nowhere near as important as they were... You rested on the bed, thoughts swimming through your head as they swept you into a deep sleep. 

 "You're right. What can you do but get in the way?" You heard a soft voice say.

You woke up with sweat dripping off your face. Looking around the room you froze when you saw a shadow of a man in the corner of the room. You're breath barely escaped your lungs. 

 "Who are you? And how did you get in here? I'll scream for help!" You yelled at the figure. 

 That's when you heard the mysterious man laugh, a laugh that you were sure was up to no good. As soon as he was finished, he gestured his hand over to the door. You were frozen, you couldn't find the strength to move. That's when you saw a familiar figure walk into the room. 

"I'm here to make sure you don't..." The voice said in a sly tone.

 Your vision went dark as Bucky held the gun to your head, and fired.