Panic and Ice (Merry Christmas!)

Happy Holidays everyone!

Here's a little surprise Christmas chapter of an idea that I thought was cute. And I wanted to write something cute and fluffy, with a little anxiety to keep it interesting.

Enjoy!

---

It was Bucky's first real Christmas since being the "Winter Soldier" and you wanted to do something different, something unique. You thought about this for months. Sure, you could just buy something, but Bucky needed something special, and you had the perfect idea. It was late at night, hours after most of the team had gone to bed, but you were determined to drag Bucky out of bed and into the cold. Although he didn't mind the cold, especially since he was conditioned not to, you refused to believe he shouldn't be comfortable. You threw his jacket and boots on him as he lay in his bed, as he rubbed his palms over his face. It took a few minutes to coax him to wake up, especially after giggling at how the previously deadly assassin was complaining about being dragged out of bed.

"Whyyy... ?" He whined, trying not to yawn.

"Come on, get dressed. I don't have all night," you said, crossing your arms.

He glared at you for a few moments until he saw that you weren't budging, and then swung his legs over the side of the bed.

"Do you mind?" He said, grabbing his pants from his bed.

"Not at all," you teased, but turned around once he glared at you again.

Once he finished getting dressed and lacing up his boots, you both walked out the door and into the hallway. You tried your best to be quiet as you left the tower; you wanted this to be secret, something only the two of you knew about. Once you left the tower you both were greeted by the snow covering the city, with no one to be seen, not even a single car. You took a deep breath as you both walked downtown together, accompanied only by silence and snow falling.

"Where are we going anyway? Is something wrong?" Bucky asked, as he held your hand in his own metallic one.

"What? No, it's a surprise. A little Christmas present," you said, smiling up at him.

He looked down at you and his suspicious glare instantly melted. You found that this happened often, over time Bucky would grow exceedingly anxious and worried, and you weren't surprised after everything that's happened. But whenever he grew anxious or panicked, you were always there to comfort him, always there to assure him that it was going to be ok. Whether or not he truly believed you are not, which he usually did, it made him feel better nonetheless.

"Hurry up! It's just in here!" You yelled, taking a detour off the sidewalk and into the dark forest.

"Y/n! Slow down!" He yelled, running after you.

But there was no response, you were out of his sight, causing him to panic. Looking around frantically he was greeted by a ball of snow hitting him square in the face. The once silent forest was filled with the echoes of your laughter, interrupted by a large mass tackling you to the ground.

"Two can play this game," Bucky said, pinning you to the ground, a smile stretched across his.

You squirmed under his grip, but it was clear he had no intention of letting go. With a sly smirk you concentrated on a pile of snow next to you and forced it into a large mass, throwing the soldier off of you. He wiped snow off of his face as you ran deeper into the forest, trying to hold back your laughter.

"Hey! That's not fair!" Bucky yelled.

"Excuse me super-soldier? What's not fair?" You yelled back.