Prologue: Taking Shelter

A/n: This takes place after Snow Way Out, weeks before Edge of Disaster.

______________________________________________________________________________________

It was another night of the Edge, and the camera pans up to the moon in the sky when suddenly a blur of a dragon soars past with something in its claws.

The camera then zooms in on the dragon to show that it was a white dragon that looked similar to a night fury, carrying a little girl wearing a white oversized wool shirt and brown pants, in its front claws. The dragon then flew to a cave on the other side of the island, and she quickly flew into the cave.

She then gently placed the little girl on the ground before she gracefully landed beside her. The dragon then picked the girl up by her shirt and carried her to the back of the cave before she placed her down and curled around the girl with her wing over her to keep the child warm.

Little girl: ( to the dragon, scared: ) Are we safe now, Mama?

White dragon: ( to the little girl: ) I believe so, hun. But, we won't know for sure until the morning. Now, get some rest, my little one, I'll watch over you until the sun rises.

The little girl lets out a yawn and leans up against the dragon before she slowly falls asleep. The white dragon then turned her head to stare at the cave's entrance, keeping her guard up in case any hunters appeared while making a mental note to find some food and blankets for her and the human child under her care.

White dragon: ( with a silent growl as glanced down at her human child: ) No hunter shall dare harm you, let alone get their hands on you, my child, not while I'm here to protect you. It's a promise I have made every night since you were given to me, and it's a promise I tend to keep.

______________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for the prologue, I hope you like it

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜