Chapter 14: The Light's Name ( Part 1 )

( A/n: This Original episode takes place before Shock and Awe. )

Kaia was playing with Smidvarg and a couple of Night terrors on the stables' landing platform with the Light fury watching over them on the stables' roof while the riders were in the stables after coming back from the trip to the wild dragons' island, Ruffnut was currently telling the gang about the whispers about the little girl and the white dragon she heard from the hunters while she and the Light fury were captured.

Ruffnut: So, basically the hunters have a weird and strange grudge against the Light fury and no, I don't know why, but they want to capture Kaia because she can talk to dragons and they believe she can control any dragon she meets. Oh, and the hunters refers the Light fury as the " Grimmel Slayer ", I don't know what a grimmel is, but the name in my opinion does not fit her.

Tuffnut: I fully agree, my dear sister. For a dragon that's equally as beautiful as she is deadly, her name should be something that represents that.

Snotlout: That's crazy, Kaia doesn't control the dragons. She's just a little kid, not some all powerful god or something.

Hiccup thinks for a moment, processing what Ruffnut told them, but then his mind reminded him how protective the wild dragons became of Kaia immediately after they met the child, and then he remembered how the night terrors and their dragons' behaviors changed after meeting Kaia.

Hiccup: Wait, I think I know why the hunters think Kaia controls the dragons. Fishlegs, think back how the wild dragons acted towards Kaia, they didn't treat her like they treated us, they...

Fishlegs: They became instantly protective of her and treated her like she was one of them.

Hiccup: Exactly! What if every dragon besides ours, that meets Kaia, they think she's some kind of dragon instead of a human. Think about it, she talks like a dragon, she sorta acts like one, and she was raised by a dragon.

Astrid: And because of that dragons that have never seen a human kid before will think she's a baby dragon, not a human.

Hiccup: Correct.

Fishlegs: And maybe, the reason for their protective behavior, is because she doesn't have wings, sharp claws, fangs, or breathe fire, to them she's very fragile.

Snotlout: But wouldn't Kaia tell them that she's a human, not a dragon?

Hiccup: That's the thing...

Hiccup turns to look at Kaia as she was playing with the night terrors as she tackled one of them and the two began wrestling.

Hiccup: I don't think she knows that she's not a dragon. I mean, we have no idea how long the Light fury had been taking care of her, and we have no clue where Kaia came from or how she met the Light fury.

Little did the riders of their dragons know, the Light fury was listening to their conversation, there was a hint of sadness and grief in the white dragon's blue eyes when Hiccup said " where Kaia came from or how she met the Light fury. "

The riders and their dragons flinched slightly when they heard a loud thud outside, they went out of the stables to the landing platform to see that the Light fury had come down from the stables' roof. The Light fury gently pulled Kaia from the terrors with her tail, causing the little girl to whine as she wanted to keep playing, but the Light fury just pulled the girl to her and she licked the still healing burns on Kaia's hands, causing the girl to wince a little before calming down.

Light fury: ( to Kaia, with a purr: ) Easy on the play tackles, sweetie. Your claws still need to heal-

Tuffnut: ( shouts while pointing to the Light fury: ) Light Mama!

This caused both the riders and their dragons to turn and look at Tuffnut with blank looks while Kaia looked at him with confusion as she didn't know what he said and the Light fury gave the Thorston twin an annoyed and tired expression.

Light fury: ( with a silent growl and an annoyed, tired expression: ) Here we go again. What's with the humans I meet and trying to give me ridiculous names.

Ruffnut: ( to her brother: ) " Light Mama "? Really?

Tuffnut: What? We can't keep calling her " the Light fury " forever.

Ruffnut: I know, but seriously. That's the best you've got?

Astrid: I would have to agree with Ruff on this one.

Snotlout: ( joking: ) How about " Toothless's girlfriend "? Ha-

Snotlout then screamed when the Light fury suddenly fired a blast at the ground in front of him, the blast nearly missed his feet by a few inches. He then looked up and saw the white dragon glaring at him with a death glare and her wings raised, which screamed " say that again, I dare you."

Snotlout: ( to the Light fury, with his hands up in surrender: ) Kidding! That's something you should know about me, ma'am, I'm a jokester.

Fishlegs: Guys, if we're going to name her, let's think of something that wouldn't upset her.

The Light fury only rolled her eyes before she had Kaia climb on her back and began walking away from the riders, causing Toothless roar out to her with a worried look, which made Kaia giggle.

Toothless: ( to the Light fury: ) Hey, wait! I promise that they didn't mean to upset you.

Light fury: ( rolls her eyes ) ( silently, to herself with a small growl: ) It's Dragon Spirit all over again. I swear, if one of them says " WhiteLight " or " Cloud ", I'm gonna give them a flying lesson.

Kaia: ( whispers, to the Light fury, with a smile: ) I think Toothless like likes you, Mama.

Light fury: ( whispers back, to her daughter, with a soft purr: ) No, really? Well, you know Mama's number one rule, if he wants to be apart of my life, he's going to have to want to be apart of your life as well. Or it's goodbye.

This made Kaia let out another giggle in response.

______________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

Feel free to comment on any theories you might have about the Light fury and Kaia's past.

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜