Chapter 10: Edge of Disaster Part 1 of Part 2

It was now dawn, and Kaia was still sitting beside the wild Nadder guarding her while Hiccup, Snotlout, and Johann were keeping watch from the same spot on the nearby cliff. The wild Nadder guarding Kaia, which Kaia knew was a female, was now holding Kaia by the back of her shirt because Kaia kept trying to sneak off to go to the other riders and the trader, Kaia had an angry pout on her face and her arms were crossed in response to it. Fishlegs stood nervously as he was still surrounded by wild dragons. Then the alpha of the pack, a teal male Nadder with reddish pink on his back, tail, and legs, with tints of reddish pink, purple, and yellow on his wings, and a pink underbelly, and like the other wild dragons, he had harrowing scars and marks all over his body, the alpha went up to Fishlegs, causing Kaia to not like how close the alpha dragon was to the Gronkle rider.

Fishlegs: ( to the wild dragons, nervously: ) You may not know this, but where I come from, I'm known as a friend to all dragons.

Kaia then pulled herself from the female wild Nadder, making a tear on the back of her shirt and surprising said female Nadder, and the little girl ran in between the alpha and Fishlegs, and...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...she smacked the alpha's snout, ignoring the pain the action gave her, and caused the Nadder to back up in surprise in response before he turned to a monstrous nightmare, and began talking to him, but Fishlegs only heard it as growls.

The Scarred Alpha: ( to the Monstrous Nightmare: ) This is the hatchling you rescued? She looks like one of them.

Scarred Monstrous nightmare: ( back to the Alpha: ) Yes, but she talks and acts like a hatchling. We think she some sort of viking-like species.

Kaia stayed where she was in between Fishlegs and the alpha as Fishlegs noticed the scars on all the wild dragons.

Fishlegs: Whoa. You sure do have a lot of scars, don't you? All of you do, really. Wow, more than you should!

Fishlegs then saw something that caused his eyes to widen in surprise and concern, there on Kaia's back, between the shoulderblades, was a small scratch scar.

Fishlegs: ( as he tried to get closer to Kaia to get a closer look at the scar: ) Kaia, where did you-

The alpha Nadder noticed that Fishlegs was getting close to Kaia, and he immediately fired a blast at him, which Fishlegs ducked away from before it could hit him. The monstrous nightmare then grabbed Kaia by her sleeve and gently pulled her away from Fishlegs while protectively glaring at the rider.

The Scarred Alpha: ( growls angrily at Fishlegs: ) Stay away from our wingless hatchling, hunter! Or next time, I won't miss.

Fishlegs: ( to the wild dragons: ) Okay, okay I get it. Touchy subject. No problem.

They were then startled when a purple, baby Gronkle started screeching in distress, causing Kaia to run to the young dragon in worry. She then watched as Fishlegs quickly ran to the baby Gronkle, seemingly knowing what was the problem as he had it lay on its back, causing Kaia to watch in curiosity while the wild dragons didn't like what was happening and thought that Fishlegs was trying to hurt it, which Fishlegs noticed.