Chapter 11: Edge of Disaster Part 2 of Part 2

It was night and the Light fury was still laying beside the tree Ruffnut was tied to, she watched with amusement as Ryker, Dagur, and Heather were getting the latest updates on their invasion from Savage.

Savage: Sir unfortunately, there has been no signs of the girl and we've had some injuries and several deserters.

Dagur: Deserters? Who?

Savage: Skarsgard, Nygren, Lars #2.

Dagur: ( not bothered by hearing this, not one bit: ) Completely expendable. All three, including #2.

Ryker: ( to Dagur, sternly: ) Lars #2 is my cousin.

Light fury: ( thoughts, with a smile: ) Lars #2 was my favorite hunter to throw in the ocean. I'll miss his chipmunk scream as he hits the water.

Dagur: ( back at Ryker: ) Oh, well, isn't that a great show of family support? Things get a little sticky and old Cousin Lars leaves us with our swords in our hands. Tell me, is that how you hunters do things? 'Cause I'd rather know now...

Ryker growled and glared angrily at Dagur, making the Light fury chuckle in amusement.

Dagur: Relax. I trust you. Every family has a Lars #2. Now, back to the attack. I was figuring-

Ryker suddenly grabbed Dagur by his throat without saying anything with a furious expression.

Ryker: I don't care how you do it. Just get it done. Do not let anything happen to the Dragon Eye or the girl. Everything else can burn to the ground.

Ryker then lets Dagur go with a shove and walked away. The Light fury had a surprised yet amused look on her face and was holding back a chuckle.

Dagur: I don't have to take that from that guy. ( To Savage and Heather: ) Do I have to take that from that guy?

Savage only shrugs his shoulders in response.

Ruffnut: ( sings: ) Trap, snappy trap.

The Light fury gave Ruffnut an annoyed side glare in response.

Dagur: ( annoyed: ) What is she mumbling about?

Ruffnut: ( rolls her eyes ) Hello! Obviously, it's a trap.

The Light fury then growled at Ruffnut in annoyance, as she was getting tired of the Thorston girl's non-stop talking, causing Dagur's patience to come to an end as he turned to Heather.

Dagur: Will you shut her up, please?

Heather: Gladly. Windshear!

Windshear, in response to her rider's signal, fired two spikes at Ruffnut and the Light fury, and one hits the tree just above Ruffnut's helmet while the other made a tear on the strap of the Light fury's muzzle before hitting the ground a few inches away from the white dragon's head, causing the Light fury's pupils to turn into slits.

Ruffnut: Okay, felt the wind on that one. What about you, Lighty?

The Light fury only smacked Ruffnut's face with her tail in response, before she saw Heather check if anyone was looking before she looked at Ruffnut and coughed as she pointed above herself when she saw that none of the hunters were watching.