Chapter 34: Shattered honor

Captain jeon jungkook and his wife are slowly walking into the party hall separate from the mansion

Shinju's hand tightly holding onto her husband's arm as she tried to keep herself from falling, and he was walking very carefully, holding his delicate wife as he wouldn't let her fall.

The Royal mansion was decorated in a very majestic royal style, with electric decorative lights everywhere, the music of classic ballads musicians filling the gathering with colour of melody.

God knows how many rich people were in attendance at the party, a few Korean nobles and a stream of Japanese nobles who were anxious to see the newlyweds.

Shinju holding jungkook tightly, was nervously walking very slowly, this gathering of rich and glorious people was happening for the first time in her life, the tantrums of the rich, their appearance, all these things were frightening her, she felt isolated from this environment.

Everyone's eyes were fixed on the newly married couple, She again started trying to hide behind jungkook when everyone's eyes started staring at that innocent mimosa all matured in the color of her youth.

But Jungkook wrapped her waist with one of his arms and pulled her into his armpit, he wants to keep her beside him at every turn of life, cause she was the queen of his world, and queens are meant to stand beside, not behind.

Ignoring the stares of all the guests, Shinju and Jungkook approached Mr jeon and Mrs jeon who was already staring at the pair.

The faces of both of them were expressionless, their eyes were filled with emptiness, the fire of rage was burning from within and on the outside there was peace like extinguished coal.

They were looking at their son with emotionless eyes, who was holding his wife's hand firmly.

Shinju bowed politely and greeted her in-laws, but there was no reply from them, which made Shinju's shining eyes fade.

"Abeoji, eomma..."

Jungkook called softly to his parents to bring them back from their trance, and something caught their attention.

Some of the guests were staring at their cold expressions, there was some attempt to sense the current water wave, usually the Jeon family is cheerful in every gathering, but today there was not frankness, there was no sign of cheerfulness, sensing all this the parents took some cognizance.

Mrs. Jeon moved a little ahead from her place and held jungkook's shoulder and gave him a light peck on his forehead which surprised jungkook along with Shinju.

She did the same with Shinju as well. Now the newlywed couple was astonished. It was a shock reaction for Shinju as well as jungkook,

It was like rain in the desert, it was like dust flying in the snowfield, in one stroke the emotions changed and the inner feelings started mixing, Is this an illusion or a dream that is about to disappear from sight in a few moments?
But he knew these actions held some pretense some trace of hypocrisy in them, and his predictions proved true when Mr. Jeon hugged him and whispered something in his ear.