Chapter 38: Our little part

Jungkook's heart was pounding in his ribcage, as he gazed in worry and fear at his fragile wife lying unconscious on the infirmary cot

It's already midnight but she still hasn't regained consciousness, the doctor checked her pulse and said that she was fine, her body was stable and she would regain consciousness in a few hours.

The further procedure will start only after she regains consciousness, as she will explain the changes in her body.

Still he is cursing himself that all this is happening because of him, in the first place he isn't able to give time to her, and seeing her health deteriorating yesterday, he didn't bring her to the hospital. If he didn't agree to her insistence and dragged her here forcefully, maybe her health wouldn't have deteriorated so much.

Absorbed in these anxious thoughts, he is sitting next to the cot and looking at the divine form of his wife.

The nurses have taken her out of her huge gown and changed her into a comfortable blue patient gown.

She is unconscious and unwell but there is a strange glow on her face, her hair is tied in a loose ponytail, her eyes were tightly closed and her fine thick lashes were slightly messed up,

Jungkook's hand is on her small hands even in her unconscious state, she clutched Jungkook's palm tightly in her small fist,

His blazer was lying on the small couch in the corner of their private room, the top three buttons of the white shirt were open, he had the shirt sleeves rolled up to the elbow, while the brown leather shirt divider was now loose.

He was engrossed in prayer in his heart that his wife should be fine and healthy.

A frown appeared on Jungkook's face, a sigh of positivity and relief, Shinju blinked once and then several times, her fists moving.

"J-jungkook..."

Jungkook's eyes gleamed as she muttered in her choked throat, breaking the solemn silence in the room.

"Shinju"

He whispered in a light tone of concern and relief, and patted her cheeks, causing Shinju's big watery eyes to open.

"Are you okay? How are you feeling?" Jungkook asked as she gazed at her surroundings with tired eyes.

She was in the white-lit hospital room, her clothes had been changed, she looked at Jungkook whose eyes were full of concern.

"I-I'm f-fine." She managed a smile in her wavering voice, and Jungkook breathed a sigh of relief.

When she fainted in his arms, it seemed as if Jungkook's breathing had stopped,
His heart had stopped pumping blood for some time, A person as patient as jungkook always gets impatient for Shinju, unnecessary thoughts were creating storm in his heart, he just prayed that his Shinju would be fine.