Chapter 62: The brutal truth

"This is important,

"This is important,

About unnie...."

His eyes stilled for a few moments, he stared at Minji, he could feel some tremor in her eyes which was fueling the suspicion and questioning rising within him.

Minji's strange behavior was telling him that this was something very important that he needed to know, so he immediately put his guards on.

"Speak" he commanded in an authoritative tone.

Minji swallowed the lump in her throat seeing his demeanor change, she knows that what she is about to say will bring not just a storm but devastation, but she will opens her mouth as if she is desperate to see this devastation,

She knows that this house is going to pay the price for this. This paradise will be devastated, relationships will be shattered, but this is necessary, this destruction is necessary, to give the culprit his due punishment, for that little life which is no more in this world, this destruction is necessary for change.

"Actually Jungkook sir...." she stumbled through her statement, sensing that her hesitation was causing Jungkook's aura to darken more and more, she hadn't even been able to utter her first words yet he started looking perilously desperate, she wasn't entirely sure how he was going to react, but he needed to know the truth, it was his right.

"I-i had to tell you the t-ruth about that night," Jungkook clenched his jaw. This girl was exhausting his patience really bad, by not telling him everything clearly.

"Now I want you to spit it out in a minute without hesitation Minji" he seethed crossing his arms over his chest, sending shivers down Minji's spine, making her realize that now he has only a little patience left.

He already had a strange feeling that there was something odd about the truth he was told about that night, and now he is seeing something fishy in Minji's words, maybe he will face the truth today before starting the investigation.

"T-that ni..., that night sir, Shinju unnie did fall down the stairs, but the h-hand that pushed her belonged to s-someone else......"

Flashback

Minji's pov

"It's just a little, open your mouth" I smiled as I spooned the soup onto unnie's lips and she opened her lips and gulped it down without any tantrum.

More than a week had passed since her miscarriage and she was sitting on the hospital bed, like a lifeless body, staring blankly at the white plain wall in front.

The news that her child was gone left a deep shock on her, she fell silent, the sparkle in her eyes petrified into emptiness, and loneliness froze all her emotions, Yes she was alone since not even a single member of the family came to check on her condition.