Chapter 54: An unwanted gift

The slanting rays of the sun added shades of orange to the blue sky, and the birds that had wandered all day were returning home to their nests in a flock

She had a book in her hand, probably a love story, and she was sitting on a swing in the corner of the living room, where the setting sun was clearly visible through the large window in front.

Minji was sitting on a small stool just below the swing and was applying hot water to Shinju's feet as her feet were very swollen.

"Minji stop it now, my feet are fine, how long will you keep sitting like this, you will get tired." Shinju muttered in a commanding tone, as she felt that the girl had been taking care of her feet quite long.

"Just a little more unnie" mumbled Minji as she wiped her feet with cotton.

"Now maybe you shouldn't use the stairs, eomma was saying that we'll get your room ready on the ground floor." Minji said with concern as she was in her sixth month, and everyone could see that she was having difficulty walking.

"Yeah yeah we need to do that, i'm just waiting for Jungkook, once he comes back we will change the room." Shinju said, turning her attention back to the book.

These days she doesn't have much to do, Mrs. Helen always forbids her from working, yet she insists on doing some light work,  and then since yesterday Seung has come, he sticks to her all day long, plays with her, talks with her, Shinju's day passes well with him.

And then she spends the rest of her time reading novels, folk tales, biographies of some great people from history, so that her child may be influenced by great, lively and high-class character principles, and then after reading some love stories she retells her story, recalling the moments when she and Jungkook first met and how their lives changed.

"Are you still reading the same book unnie?, what is its gist?" Minji asked enthusiastically and Shinju smiled.

"I have come to the end of this story, and guess what! this book is too interesting, the entire plot, characterization, dialogues are all interesting and amazing."

"How the prince and feeble maidservant couldn't be together in the first life because of the governor of the kingdom's lust for the maid, but their love bond was so immortal that they were born again after centuries just to meet each other, the author has depicted everything very beautifully poignantly and vividly with her ink."

Shinju explained with a smile, and Minji's eyes sparkled, her age was on the brink of youth and it was an age tempting towards romantic love stories.

"This love story is good, but I believe that your love story can be no less than a love novel, Alus I still don't know your love story unnie, you never told me" Minji said pouting, and Shinju's face turned red.

Remembering those days still sends shivers down her spine, how his manliness used to scare Shinju, how she wanted to distance herself from his shadow, how hesitant those days for her.