Chapter 40: Late night conversation

Two weeks later

Two weeks later

The moonlight was twinkling in the shadow of the scattered night.
The joy of the air was calm, the earth was calm, the room was sleeping in the lap of darkness.

He turned over on his bed, wanting to feel the presence of a specific person, but the bed was completely cold and empty.

He frowned but then thought that she must have dragged herself to the bathroom, He turned his eyes to the white bathroom door but didn't find any momentum in the bathroom and became nervous.

"Shinju"

He quickly threw away the bedsheet and got up from the bed. She was not present even in the balcony. Now he had understood where she could be at this time.

He rubbed his eyes and dragged his feet towards the kitchen. The atmosphere in the house was completely quiet, at midnight everyone was in the throes of sleep, but here was someone whose midnight cravings weren't letting her sleep.

She was trying to satisfy her hunger in the golden light emanating from the kitchen, and he was standing at the door, admiring the beautiful girl standing in front of him.

"You started eating spicy again sweetheart" he husked in his midnight tone, and she flinched at the sudden sound and placed a hand on her chest, began to calm her pounding heart.

"You scared me" she said while patting her chest slowly and he moved towards her.

"You aren't going to eat this, such spicy food isn't good for you." Jungkook growled as he saw Shinju add kimchi to her portion of rice, and she pouted.

"I'll just eat a small portion, just two bites, please let me eat" she begged as he put the lid on the kimchi container.

"No, not at all, if you say, I'll make vegetable soup for you, but you won't eat it." he said, placing the jar on the counter.

"You are very bad." She lashed out and angrily stomped her feet and left the kitchen.

He closed his eyes and shook his head in frustration, these days she has more tantrums, she has become stubborn and irritable.

It's not that he's fed up with her tantrums, it's his concern for her, the doctor has directly forbidden her to consume spicy and hot food items, which Jungkook takes care of very carefully but her cravings increase at night and in the morning she ends up throwing up everything she has eaten.

He returned to the room at least fifteen minutes later with a tray in his hand filled with a bowl of soup.

He saw in the faint yellow light that she was lying on the bed with the sheet covered up to her face, it was certain that she wasn't sleeping, now it was her daily routine to throw tantrums like a child and he would tolerate her tantrums lovingly and take care of her.