12

Dominique 'woke up' by herself, surrounded by vast miles of nothingness.

She look around, trying to locate and source of life or light, but coming up with nothing. Her brows furrowed and she lifted up her hands, trying to see them, but only making out the outlines of her palms. Suddenly, her arm flared up with a burning sensation and she grimaced, screwing her eyes shut and easing her other arm to cradle it gently.

The only thing she could pick up was the faint sound of dripping on the floor. She could feel liquid running down her arm, and as she opened her eyes, she was greeted with the vague sight of long, strewn gashes running down her appendage.

'I thought they healed over or something?' She thought, confused. Another thought crossed her mind.

'Am I awake?' She thought, wincing lightly as her arm flared up in pain as she bought it across her torso.

She felt a shiver run down her spine, and a gush of air stoke her neck. She looked over her shoulder, her eyes widening in shock.

That same figure, from her dreams and from the basement of the sorrel weed house stood, hunched over with a haunting grin on its face.

Dominique backed up, bringing her arm behind her back as she kept a close eye on its figure. She would be damned if she let it get the best of her again. She refused to feel as helpless and useless as she did in the basement of the house and in her dreams.

"What do you want?!" She shouted, adrenaline running through her veins as she stared it down with a cold look in her eye. Her feet shifted, digging into the ground beneath her as she listened to her heart pumping in her ears heavily.

Its wicked grin never left its face, stretching up its cheeks in an unnatural way that made Dominique's stomach drop.

It lunged for her, and unable to do much, Dominique shifted around it, arching out of its swing and balancing one of her feet behind her again, widening her stance.

As she collected her breath, she looked back up to where it should've been, only to find it gone.

Dominique grit her teeth, letting out a breath of frustration as she reminded herself not to let it best her again.

Suddenly, a shadowy, talented hand landed on her shoulder. She jeered to take a step back, trying to focus on getting away from it when it dug its hand into her shoulder, making her unable to get away.

From the corner of her eye, Dom saw its other hand lift, its grin hollow and wide as it swiped for her brutally she could only stare with wide, angry eyes and gritted teeth as she cursed, trying to pull her shoulder away.

Falling to the floor, Dominique's chest heaved for air as she let out a loud, furious scream, punching her fist into the floor as her eyes filled with rage.

She was so tired of waking up like this, being haunted with dreams that she couldn't escape from and a pain more unbearable then she could take.

She slammed her fist down on the floor again, huffing out a loud, angry groan. She didn't care anymore if this was some sick joke her mind was playing on her, she didn't care if this was real or not. She promised herself she wouldn't let the damned thing ever get ahold of her again and in mere seconds, she was defenceless in its grip.

The stinging sensation in her arm and the ache in her shoulder only fueled her rage. Her intelligence had been thrown out the window, replaced with pure, unbridled anger.

She swore, she was going to kill the next one she laid her eyes on.

A gust of air tickled her neck, and as her eyes landed on another wide, soulless smile, she felt her patience snap.