"Sunshine ☀ "

I can't believe it. I actually called the idiot sunshine. I can't believe it. He won't get to me. He won't get to me. He won't get to me. He won't...

I glimpsed a streak of bright blonde hair and I immediately looked up by instinct to see Will walk past my desk into the class.

He slowed down and looked round the class nervously. He glimpsed the only empty seat that was directly next to me.

I don't know what went over me but I grabbed my bag and put it on the floor.

'Oh, mind if I sit there?' he asked awkwardly.

I nodded. Why did I do that?

He sat down next to me and I tried to keep my gaze down on my desk. 

'Hey, you ok?' he asked leaning down onto the table to try and see my face. I watch as his soft curls gently fall over his sparkling blue eyes and I feel a little stunned. 

'U-uh yeah. I-I'm fine. You?' why did I ask that? Who am I kidding, there's a reason I'm a loner.

'Yeah, I'm good. Last time I didn't catch your name...?' he gave me a warm smile. I blushed seeing his dimples and freckles.

'Uh - Nico.' I stuttered. 

'Cool name. Nice to finally meet you Nico. I know we got off a little wrong at the start. I get you're not a really people-person, huh?' he laughed.

I laughed along with him, 'Nah, I don't talk that much. I- I mean, I'd talk to you. If you want. Cause, you know, you're not people. Well, you are. What I mean - I -' 

He chuckled at my stutter and I felt my face redden even more. 

'I'm glad you'll talk to me.' he sat back on his chair.

I tried opening my mouth to say something but shut it again when I couldn't get any words out. I hadn't forgotten how to talk, right? I mean, I don't do it much, but someone can't just forget how to talk. 

'You can still call me sunshine if you really want.' He added.

And I was internally screaming. You know, what, he's handsome. I'll give him that. NOT because I'm attracted to him. He's just naturally pretty - that's it. I'm just acknowledging a fact. That's it. 

'Yeah, ok, sunshine.' I said. Hah, I can speak.