Imagine getting ignored lol

I entered the house as quietly as I could hoping my dad wouldn't see me and question why I had come so late.

'Where have you been?' I spun round hearing his voice.

'Oh- I missed my bus-'

He raised an eyebrow, 'It took you four hours to walk home?' 

'I hurt my leg so I walked slowly,' I lied to my dad.

He considered me for a bit, 'Ok, fine then. Don't be late again.' he sighed, then a little more sternly, 'I'm leaving for a work trip tomorrow for a week. There's some money in your room for food.'

'Again?' I asked a little disappointed, my dad didn't spend much time with me even when he was home and we were by no means close but he could at least be around, 'You literally just came back from one two days ago!'

'Your sixteen, you don't need me around all the time.' he dismissed me, 'Just don't get in any trouble at school because I don't want them calling me while I'm away.'

There was no real point arguing with someone like my dad so I nodded solemnly and headed up to my room. Who needed him anyway? I mean, Will's mum was never home being a nurse and all. But she at least took days off to watch his matches and races at school or sometimes in the weekends. At least she put in some effort. Ever since my mum's death my dad's been cold. And since my sister's... passing, he's barely home.

I got to my room and changed out of my school clothes and tried to clean my cuts and bruises. Looking in the mirror I understood what Will was talking about, I had dirt on my cheeks and forehead from being thrown on the floor. 

I sighed and cleaned myself up. I grimaced at the idea of having to explain all of this to Will tomorrow at school. 

Hey! It's me again!

I know that this was a pretty short chapter compared to the last one but oh well. My title names really aren't getting any better but you guys can comment suggestions if u want.

Oh, and vote if your enjoying the story blah blah. You know the drill. 

Congrats if you've made it this far btw :)