The Fear of losing her

Same day, 7th Dec 2023
Isha's pov
As I stepped into the class, full of students chattering with each other, I felt a mixture of confidence and nervousness welling up in me.

The students their chattering faded away as soon as they saw me coming in. They all stood up from their chair and said in unison: "Good morning, ma'am."

I replied them with: "Good morning, students." They all seated back down. Seeing Savi among all the unknown students, gave me a sense of comfort. Her smile and reassuring expression gave me more confidence. I started the class with a formal introduction of mine:

"As you all may have heard, I am your new economic teacher. My name is Dr. Isha Shantanu Bhosale. I am not a strict teacher, well as long as you don't disturb my class and don't do anything against the rules."

The students listened attentively to me. Most of them nodding with interest in my introduction. Now, it was time for the introduction of the students. As they all started to introduce themselves, I also noted their attendance.

While the introduction took place, I got to know my two nieces: Durva Bhosale and Anvi Bhosale. Durva seemed more of a girl who had a lot of attitude and Anvi seemed a simple girl. However, I was happy to have them here. I had missed out their whole childhood and getting to know them now was nothing less than a miracle.

After the introduction, I started to give my first lecture. The topic I taught the students about today was compound interest. I first explained them the theory regarding the topic. I wrote down important notes on the white board, expecting the students to copy them.

As I wrote om the board, I heard some whispering and giggling from behind. I turned around to see Durva and her friends talking to each other, causing disturbance to the other students and not focusing on the class. Thinking of it as a little matter, I ignored them and continued my lectures.

I started explaining the students the sums and giving them turns to make one on the board and then I gave them the task of explaining their answer to the whole class, just to make sure that they have understood the class.

However, Durva and her friends were a disturbance for the whole time. They weren't quiet for even a second. I stood up from my chair, putting my hands on the study table in front of me: "Durva Bhosale and her friends."

They all stopped their chattering and looked in my direction.

"I want you all to keep quiet and focus on the class. And if you don't want to focus then you can leave the class, but please stop being a disturbance for the other students." I said, not shouting, but my tone strict and formal.

Durva stood up from the chair in full attitude with a smirk on her face.

"I am so sorry Dr. Bhosale, but aapke class mein toh hame bhi interest nahi hai, your way of giving lecture is just so boring, I don't like it at all."

"Well, if you don't like it, you are not forced to sit here. As I said earlier, you may leave the class." I said, taking a deep breath, my heart aching at the fact that my niece hated me, but ofcourse I didn't show that. As I was about to sit back down on my chair, Durva said:

"Really Ma'am, is that how you talk to your students? And not just a random student, the daughter of the director of Bhosale Institute of Excellence."

"Listen to me carefully, miss Bhosale, yaha par tum ek student ho, yaha par baithe hue har ek student mere liye ek jaise hai, agar yaha Tumhara alawa koii aur bhi disturb karraha hota, toh main unhe bhi yahi kehti....
Rahi baat, director ki beti hone ki, toh it is possible that the other teachers are scared of you, but I am not miss Durva, now this is the first and last time that I am warning you, or focus on my class or leave the class. The choice is yours."