{8}•ᴛʀᴜꜱᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛꜱ•

Bondita's Pov

Bondita's Pov

Today... Oh, what a tumultuous day it has been. From the moment I stepped foot into college, fate seemed determined to test me, and I, in my infinite grace, managed to break my leg on the very first day.

Smooth move, Bondita, really smooth.

As I sit here, propped up on this plush couch in our shared room, surrounded by a mountain of open textbooks, I can't help but replay the events of the day in my mind. The embarrassment of my clumsiness weighs heavy on my chest, but amidst the chaos, something unexpected unfolded-a flicker of warmth amidst the chaos.

His unexpected kindness caught me off guard. He was there, offering a helping hand and genuine concern, turning what could have been a disastrous day into something... different.

Why does my stomach flutter at the thought of him?

It's a strange sensation, unfamiliar yet oddly comforting. His gestures linger in my mind, his sincerity leaving me both bewildered and intrigued.

What is happening to me?

Ugh!

I try to brush off the feelings, to chalk them up to mere gratitude for his assistance, but deep down, I know there's more to it. There's a connection, subtle yet undeniable, weaving its way between us.

I must be imagining things.

But no matter how hard I try to rationalize it away, the truth remains-I was wrong about him. So quick to judge, to label him as cold-hearted, when in reality, there's a whole other side to him, one that few people get to see.

Completely wrong.

And now, here I am, grappling with these newfound feelings, uncertain of what they mean or where they'll lead.

Seated amidst a sea of open books, I find myself lost in a whirlwind of emotions. Anirudh left some time ago after dinner, leaving me alone with nothing but my thoughts. The soft glow of the lamp casts a warm hue over the room, creating a cozy ambiance as I try to bury myself in my studies.

But try as I might, I can't shake the memory of his smile, the warmth of his gaze.

Why can't I stop thinking about him?

With a sigh, I reluctantly push my books aside, giving in to the turmoil brewing within me. Is it normal to feel this way after just one evening together?

A wave of self-doubt washes over me, mingling with the fluttering of butterflies in my stomach.

I must be going mad.

But no matter how hard I try to push the thoughts aside, they stubbornly refuse to relent. It's as if Anirudh has etched himself into the very fabric of my being, leaving me helplessly captivated by his presence.