{14}•ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʙʀᴏᴡɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ•

BONDITA

After our morning lectures, Priya and I headed to the canteen. I hadn't spoken to her since we arrived at college; we'd both been swamped with lectures, and I had a mountain of notes to catch up on. It had been a grueling day, and ironically, it was also my birthday. My hands were aching from all the writing, and I regretted taking those two days off.

Once we found a table and ordered some food, Priya fixed her gaze on me and snapped, "Now you little bitch, where the hell have you been?" She glanced at my leg and added, "I'm pretty sure it's not because of your leg that you got hurt, is it?"

Taking a deep breath, I began explaining everything. I told her about the guy who attacked me, the panic attack, and our so-called date - the night out. I didn't mention the 'I don't believe In love' part. I didn't know how she'd react, so I kept that detail to myself. Maybe I'd tell her when the time was right.

Priya sighed, her expression clouded with concern. "Come on, marrying a mafia guy is really dangerous."

I nodded in agreement. Just seeing him with a gun triggered the same nightmares I was desperate to forget. "Yeah..." I mumbled. Suddenly, I remembered that my mom had mentioned a birthday party today and that I should invite my friends. "Well... P, today is my birthday, so..."

Before I could finish, Priya jumped up and shouted, "OH MY FUCKING GOD! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY? HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BON!"

I was mortified as everyone in the canteen turned to stare at us. I pulled her back into her seat, hissing, "Why are you screaming? God, everyone is looking at us..."

Priya glanced around, her face flushing with embarrassment, but she quickly recovered and said, "Fuck it! You didn't tell me it was your birthday, Ushh. But thank God you told me now. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOVE!"

A smile spread across my face. "Thank you, P. And yeah, you have to come to the party at Roy Chowdhury Mansion. Mom told me to invite my friends... and you're my only friend."

She grinned. "Gosh, Bon, I'll come and maybe bring some of my friends too. Is that okay?"

I nodded happily. "Of course it is!"

The first bell rang, signaling we had only twenty minutes until our next classes started. I still had some notes to finish, so I shoved the last bit of food into my mouth and said, "That's it, I have to finish the other notes... gotta go."

As I walked away, I heard Priya shout, "You little bitch, wait, I'm coming!"

I turned back to see her gathering her stuff. Just as I turned around again, I felt a hand clamp down on my waist, yanking me backward. My back slammed into a wall. My eyes flew open in panic, and I found myself face-to-face with a guy. We were in a secluded corner of the canteen, near the kitchen where no one could see us. His thumb was rubbing over my t-shirt-covered waist, sending shivers down my spine.

I jolted, trying to move, but his grip was ironclad. He leaned in close to my ear, whispering, "Hello, baby... I heard it's your birthday. Well, happy birthday, love." His hand roamed over my body, and I felt a wave of revulsion. His touch was invasive, making my skin crawl.

His hand stopped near my breasts as he murmured, "Wanna a hard fuck for your birthday gift, babydoll?"

His words hit me like a punch to the gut. My eyes widened, and I tried to push him away. Just then, my bodyguard appeared, grabbed the guy by the back of his shirt, and yanked him off me. I gasped for breath, feeling violated by his touch and horrified by his words. A loud thud echoed as my bodyguard's fist connected with the guy's face, sending him reeling.