{10}•ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ•

BONDITA

It was so good as we were riding in the car, the wind softly tousling my hair and the scenery passing by in a peaceful blur. But somehow, the silence between Anirudh and me felt stifling, turning what should have been a pleasant drive into an uneasy journey. The tension was palpable, and I could feel the weight of unspoken words pressing down on us.

I finally mustered the courage to break the silence. "Well... uhm, can we hear some music?" I asked, my voice sounding tentative even to my own ears.

Anirudh glanced at me, his eyes momentarily meeting mine. In that brief moment, I saw something in his gaze-an unspoken pain that seemed to run deep. "I don't like music," he replied, his tone flat and dismissive.

I frowned, puzzled by his response. "Why?" I asked, my voice tinged with confusion.

He didn't even look at me, his eyes remaining fixed on the road, cold and distant. "There are some reasons," he said curtly, his grip on the steering wheel tightening.

I turned my gaze back to the road, feeling a pang of disappointment. "But... songs are so good. They relax your mind! How can someone not like music?" I said, trying to understand.

The car came to a sudden stop, and I looked at him in surprise. He kept his eyes on the road, his expression unreadable. "Once, I loved songs. I lived them. But everything changes," he said, his voice tinged with a sorrow that made my heart ache.

He had loved music once, but something had changed that. What happened? The question burned in my mind, but before I could ask, he said, "We have reached."

He unbuckled his seat belt, and I did the same, feeling the weight of the unasked questions between us. As he got out of the car, I followed suit, stepping into an unfamiliar world.

I looked up at the tall building before us, recognizing it from the news. This was a VIP place, a symbol of power and privilege. I was lost in my thoughts, trying to piece together the puzzle of Anirudh's past, when I felt his hand gently but firmly grasp mine. "Stay with me... no leaving my side for a second," he said, his voice carrying an unspoken plea.

I nodded silently, feeling the intensity of his words. He led me inside the grand building, its opulence overwhelming. The lobby was vast, with marble floors and chandeliers that sparkled like a thousand tiny stars. The people around us moved with purpose, their expressions serious and focused.

Anirudh guided me to the elevator, his hand never leaving mine. The doors closed, and we ascended to one of the upper floors. The silence between us was filled with the hum of the elevator, each floor bringing us closer to whatever awaited us.

My mind raced with thoughts of Anirudh and the secrets he carried. What had happened to make him turn away from something he once loved? I wanted to help, to understand, but I knew that some things could only be revealed in their own time.

As the elevator doors opened, I took a deep breath, my eyes widening at the sight of the grand movie theater. The space was massive, with luxurious seats and an enormous screen that dominated the room. To my surprise, there wasn't a single person here. The silence was almost eerie, amplifying the grandeur of the empty space.

Anirudh led me to the first row of seats, and I looked around, bewildered. "Uhm... I guess we came too early. No one is here," I said, my voice echoing slightly in the cavernous theater.