{15}•ᴛʜᴇ ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ ʀᴇᴠᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ•

ANIRUDH

I observed as Bondita wandered through the racks of dresses, giving her half the time she needed to find a dress she liked. It was her birthday, after all, but damn it, we had to get to Roy Chowdhury mansion.

She walked forward while I walked back, then suddenly she stopped and turned, looking back at me. "What's your favorite color?"

I furrowed my brows in confusion. "For?"

She smacked her forehead lightly, frustration evident. "Come on, just tell me. What's your favorite color?"

I sighed, trying to grasp why this mattered. "Black!" I finally replied, my voice carrying the weight of its significance. Black, because it's uncompromising, unyielding, just like my life.

She smiled and turned away, heading towards a display of gowns. She sifted through them, selecting three black gowns. Ah, so that's why she asked about my favorite color—touché.

Grabbing the dresses, she made her way to the changing room. "I'm going to wait here," I informed her. She nodded and disappeared behind the door, closing it firmly.

I waited.

Ten minutes passed, and she was still inside. What the hell was she doing in there? "Is everything okay?" I called through the door, growing concerned.

No reply.

"Little Angel, are you okay?" I asked again, my voice tinged with unease.

Her voice crackled through the door, strained with discomfort. "Uhhm... Yes, I mean... No... Can you call someone?"

Confusion brewed within me. Why would she need someone inside the changing room? I glanced around, realizing only male staff were present. "Why?" I demanded tersely.

Her voice carried irritation. "I'm stuck... this dress won't come off."

Damn it. Why hadn't she checked the size before trying it on? Sending a man in there was out of the question. "Open the door," I ordered firmly.

There was a sudden jolt in her voice. "What?"

I couldn't hide my exasperation. "Open. The. Door. Little Angel."

She hesitated, then muttered, "No, I can't... I'm... uhm... I'm fully exposed... you know..."

For God's sake. She was testing my patience. Even under these circumstances, I wouldn't send a man in. "There are only men out here ," I snapped. "And fuck I'm not sending them in there. Open the door or stay like that!"

For a moment, silence hung heavy after I heard the lock click open. I braced myself, unsure of what I would find inside. Stepping in, my eyes immediately fell on her. The gown was stubbornly caught around her chest, leaving the lower part of her body exposed, clad only in underwear. I clenched my fists, forcing myself to avert my gaze, though every direction I looked, there was Bondita reflected back in the room's mirrors.

I sighed deeply, trying to maintain composure. "Turn around," I instructed, my tone firm. Without protest, she complied, turning her back to me.

I stepped closer, cautiously avoiding lingering on the exposed skin of her back. Carefully, I reached for the zipper, my fingers lightly brushing against her skin as I attempted to loosen it.