Chapter 2: A Bond Formed in Darkness

As Chris and Alice navigated the labyrinthine corridors of the mansion, their footsteps echoed against the cold stone walls but not a lot since this place had nice carpeting at some places. The tension in the air was palpable, each shadow seeming to conceal a new threat.

"Chris, wait," Alice whispered, her voice barely audible over the ominous ambiance.

Chris halted, turning to face her. "What is it?"

Alice hesitated, her eyes darting nervously around the dimly lit hallway. "I... I just wanted to say thank you for helping me. I know I'm asking a lot, but I don't think I could've done this alone."

Chris offered her a reassuring smile. "We're in this together, Alice. Besides, no one should have to go through this alone."

Alice's expression softened, a hint of gratitude shining in her eyes. "I appreciate that, Chris. I just hope we can find my brother soon."

Soon they heard moaning and growling from a few infected coming their way. Chris was busy doing headshots while trying to protect Alice. Chris was too focused on the infected in front of him that he didn't notice one come through one of the doors that was behind him.

"Chris behind you!" Alice yelled as she ran towards that infected and kicked it on its chest. The infected flew back a bit as it dented the wall behind it.

Chris looked behind to see what Alice was warning him about and was surprised to see her so close to him and and infected by a wall trying to get up. Before that infected got up Chris shot it in the head.

With renewed determination, they pressed on, their bond strengthening with each step. As they encountered locked doors, hidden passageways, and lurking horrors, Chris found himself relying on Alice's keen intellect and resourcefulness.

Despite the looming threat of danger, a sense of camaraderie blossomed between them, forged in the crucible of survival. And amidst the chaos and uncertainty, Chris couldn't help but feel a growing admiration for Alice's unwavering courage and resilience even though she seemed a bit shy at times.

Together, they braved the horrors of the mansion, their shared journey bound by the unbreakable bonds of trust and friendship.