CHAPTER EIGHT

Page count: 8

"This is it, pull over here," Sam spoke, gesturing to the front of a two-story house. It was your typical suburban house, with a driveway and perfectly mowed lawn.

They all climbed out of the car and Hermione walked up the driveway and to the door, pressing the doorbell. A woman who looked to be in her late forties, with blonde hair and brown eyes answered the door.

"Hello," Hermione smiled kindly. "I'm FBI Agent Jenny Morgan and these are my colleagues, Agents Kyle Reed and Parker Banks," she showed the woman her ID, knowing that it would confirm what she had just told her, and the two brothers did the same. "I was wondering if we may have a moment of your time to ask a few questions regarding, Jack Binns."

"Of course," the woman stepped aside to let them in and she led them down a hallway, through a living room and into a kitchen. "Karen, these are FBI agents, they want to ask you some questions about Jack," the woman spoke softly.

The woman that was sat at the kitchen table with her head in her hands looked up and the moment she did her eyes widened. She had greying blonde hair, pale skin and brown eyes which were puffy and red.

"Karen, please will you pick Henry up from soccer practice?" She spoke, her voice sounded hoarse, her puffy red eyes locked on Hermione.

"Of course, I'll take him to that cafe he likes for dinner before bringing him home."

"Thank you," she whispered. Karen smiled at her before grabbing her jacket from the kitchen chair and her bag from the table and leaving the room. When they heard the door close Hermione stepped forward.

"Ms. Binns, I am FBI Agent Jenny Morgan and these are..."

"No, you're not," she spoke.

"I'm sorry," Hermione said confused and she felt Sam and Dean stiffen behind her.

"You're not FBI Agent Jenny Morgan."

"I assure you, Ma'am..."

"Your name's Hermione Granger."

Hermione froze. "How do you know that?" She asked quickly, her hand coming up to her sleeve where her wand was hidden.

"I've seen photos of you and read articles about you in that magical newspaper," she said tiredly.

"You're not a witch," Hermione stated, she knew that she wasn't; there was no magical aura surrounding her.

"Jack was a wizard."

"A Muggleborn?" Hermione asked softly, her hand coming away from her wand.

"Yes, a Muggleborn, just like yourself."

Hermione moved forward and gestured to a seat, she nodded and Hermione sat down opposite the woman. Sam and Dean moved closer but did not sit. They silently agreed to let Hermione take the lead, seeing as it seemed as though the victim was a wizard.

"Jack loved you," she said fondly, tears gathering in her eyes. "He said he wanted to be just like you. All I heard from him was how one day he would meet you and ask for your autograph, one day he would be like the great war heroine, Hermione Granger. At least I can have pride in knowing that my son's idol was you and that he strived to be like someone with great achievements and morals." Tears fell from the corners of her eyes and trailed down her cheeks and she reached up to wipe them away. "If you're here I assume it means Jack didn't die of natural causes."

"We don't believe that, no. We can't be sure of anything until I'm able to cast diagnostic spells but what I will tell you is that I am currently investigating a series of deaths I have linked to a group of Death Eaters."