CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Page count: 7

Hermione walked to the kitchen table after quickly showering and dressing in a pair of blue skinny jeans, pink converse and a pink t-shirt. She sat at the table, greeting both Sam and Dean as they had beaten her there, though she quickly looked down at her food that appeared, when Dean sent her a heated gaze.

"Anything, Sam?" Hermione asked after clearing her throat.

"No, just a car crash victim, a few accidental deaths and a few natural causes," he replied, putting down the newspaper he had been scanning through.

"Anything online?" Dean asked, as he all but inhaled his breakfast.

"No, my laptop won't turn on," he frowned confused.

"That's my fault," Hermione interrupted and they both looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "Technology will not and does not function around me or magic, anything that runs on electricity or radio waves will short circuit. You're in a magical building, you're lucky it didn't blow up in your face. That's why you won't find a TV or a fridge, even lights," she shrugged and they blinked in surprise.

"But you've used both of our cell phones," Sam said.

"They're only small technological items and I am able to use them for short periods of time, anything longer than ten minutes and it'll be fried." They were surprised by the news.

"So what do children do growing up?"

"We do have our own sports and league and world cups; Quidditch is the most popular, so children play that. They fly on brooms, they play outdoors, they play wizarding chess or exploding snap and other wizarding board games, or they read and make up stories, role play, messy play, they have a lot to keep them busy and since most of them grow up not knowing what a TV is, they're not missing anything. I was raised in this world and to be honest with you, I never missed technology, well, I did miss lights since they have less of a chance of setting your room on fire." They stared at her surprised. "Anyway, should we get the tattoos today?"

"Tattoos?" Sam questioned.

"Hermione's getting the anti-possession tattoo," Dean shrugged.

"You'll need it travelling with us," Sam agreed.

"In return, we're getting a magical tattoo."

"A magical tattoo? Of what?"

"The runes I drew on your arms before the battle, it'll give you more protection, especially when magic is fed into them, and you're going to need it if you're helping me with my cases, some of the creatures I deal with are not pleasant," she shivered as many of them ran through her mind.

"They can't be as bad as a demon or vampire," Dean snorted.

"Some of them are."

"I doubt a furry little creature is worse than vampires."

"Tell me, Dean, have you ever come across a dementor? No, well, for you they are invisible because you're a ,uggle. For me I see a black mist wearing tattered black robes, with skeletal, rotting hands. And when their hoods are removed, I see no eyes, only a nose and mouth with hundreds of razor sharp teeth. And do you know what they use these for? No, well, they use them to suck out your soul. They feed on every positive thought and emotion in your life and drain your life force right out of you," she said sweetly, and they both had gone pale. "Have you ever heard of a boggart, a veela or doxys and grindylows, even a graphorn?" He shook his head, looking chastised and Sam sniggered. "Well, they are all dangerous in their own ways and no matter their size or power, they're able to inflict serious damage upon you."