𝟡

𝕁𝕦𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕖

Back at work, we were having a busy day

Back at work, we were having a busy day. My stomach was talking to me, begging me to feed it. It cried as I braided the clients head. I was almost done with her head and I could think about was my lunch. I licked my lips imagining how a good turkey sandwich would taste with a tea Snapple on the side.

Iesha's client eventually made her entrance, I could hear her before I saw her. "Iesha girl, I'm here" she sung loud and proud. The girl was big too and her outfit was a loud as her mouth. She smiled flashing her mouth full of gold.

Iesha's chair was behind me, I watched her being friendly with the loud ghetto woman from the mirror in front of me.

"AWE" my client hissed. "Justice that shit is tight" she whined.

I rolled my eyes, that girl is so tender headed. "Okay, let me start this braid over" I sighed deeply. I had to begin the whole braid from the beginning. It was as if these people didn't want to me to eat. I know she could hear my stomach screaming, my core rumbled for food.

Both me and my stomach survived that day, Jessie told Iesha and I to leave her to close the shop. Without hesitation we left in a heartbeat. We began walking together on our route home like normal.

"So who was your new client" I asked as we crossed the street.

"You're talking about the girl with the gold tooth?"

"Uh huh" I agreed before blowing a bubble in my gum.

"Oh girl that's Felicia" she spoke light-hearted. "I met her in the club we met bone, she stepped on my shoe on the dance floor" she stopped to laugh. "It was funny because I gave that girl the death stare and she was like ohhh girl those shoes are tight" she mimicked.

I crossed my arms and kept a straight face. She burned a whole in my head and I could see her staring from the corner of my eye. She wrapped her arm around mine getting close as she leaned into me.

"Aww J are you jealous" she asked affectionately.

I began to tug her off of my arm. "Girl get off of me" I whined in my breathy voice.

"You know you love me" she sung playfully.

"You're right, I love you and I'm proud of you for controlling your drinking" I said glancing at her.

She got off of me and nodded her head with a sad face. "It's hard but I'm doing it" she said.

Iesha promised me she'd stop drinking everyday when we moved to the big apple. Back in Cali her drinking habit was getting out of hand. It was scary for someone like me, especially because some of my last memories of my mother was of her being drunk.

When she was drunk, she transformed into a loud mouth monster. She'd start fights and once she started there was no stopping. Sober Leisa, was the complete opposite, she was the definition of a perfect mother.