Epilogue: Oh, Boy Not Again?

Emma is at school when she bumps into a boy. He helps her up. She thinks he is cute. She goes to class. She sees something on her desk and snaps at him. "How could you?"

   "I didn't.." He tries to explain. He sighs. Why won't she believe him?

  After school, he holds out his umbrella for her since it is raining outside. Emma recalls, that her parents almost did not get together because of her mom's silly grudge against her father.

     "I did not put it there, I swear," Nathan says.

   "Fine, I believe you, and thanks for the u-umbrella, N-Nathan," Emma stutters.

    "Sure, no problem," Nathan says. He kisses her cheek. She blushes. He blushes.

       Later, Emma heads home. Her parents smile.

  "Where did you get the umbrella?" Adrien asks.

  "Yes, where did it come from?" Marinette asks.

 "Maybe her boyfriend gave it to her," Elizabeth says.

  "Ooh, Emma has a boyfriend," Hugo teases her.

       Riley barks and then lays down for her name.

        "N-Nathan loaned me his umbrella. He is a great guy, he is kind and cute. He explained everything so now I know he did not mess up my desk. We are friends now," Emma explains.

    "Awe, that is so cool," Adrien says.

   "yes, it sure is, " Marinette says. She thinks the situation sounds a bit familiar. 

          Adrienette laughs. Emma shrugs her shoulders and goes to her room.

   The others do not tell Emma, that this could be the start of something special. Why make her get her hopes up?  What if it does not work out? Then, what?

  A few weeks later, "Emma how are things with you and Nathan?"

   "Oh, they're not...He is a heartless jerk. He kissed my best friend and he does not even care how much he hurt me." Emma scoffs.

      Marinette goes to talk to her. The others think, Drama queen.

    Adrien smiles. "Don't worry, I am sure your mother can help."

      Sure enough one week later, Emma smiles. "Nathan and I are fine. It turns out that was not even him kissing my best friend." She shows the proof. "See this is Nathan, here, and in this photo is his brother."

   "Oh, so he is a twin," Adrien says.

  "Yes, and his twin has the hots for my best friend," Emma says.

   Elizabeth smiles. Maybe someday the rest of the family will have a romantic story like her parents.

  Hugo rolls his eyes. Louis sucks his thumb.

    The youngest one, Sadie smiles. She was what Adrien and Marinette told their children about it at some point.

    "Sadie, you are fortunate, you are too young to have to worry about boys," Elizabeth says. Sadie cues.

 There is no more, so don't look for it.

That is it that is all,

the end...

bye-bye,

little owlets!

Summer out!