Chapter 15 Lawyer Turn that Frown Upside Down

Adrien's  POV:

             Adrien gets up, pulls on a pair of jeans, a nice shirt, a tie, and some comfortable shoes. Then, he combs his hair and puts on his deodorant.  He goes downstairs to eat a late breakfast.  He is unaware that Natalie, Plagg, Tikki, and Marinette did anything nice for him. 

            He finishes the meal and drinks some orange juice.  When he gets done with the cup, he rinses it out and pours some milk. He sips it slowly.  Next, he rinses it out and places it in the dishwasher.

          Now, he enters his office.  He knows he told Marinette he would not give her any more medicine, but that was last night. He feels rather silly about the whole thing now. He can not his pride get in the way of helping her.

         "Hi, Marinette," Adrien says.

           Adrien notices she does not answer right away. He wonders why she is so quiet until he realizes she is reading.  

         "Oh, I did not mean to disturb the book," Adrien remarks.

          Marinette's  POV:

              Marinette looks up at the sound of his voice. She smiles at him.

              "Adrien, it is quite alright," She says.

           "I was waiting for you to get here," Marinette tells him.

                Marinette sees him raise an eyebrow in surprise.  "Adrien, I know we do not always see eye to eye, but I hope we can be friends," She states.

             She looks at him to see how he reacts and can see he appears to be unsure how to take the news.

          Adrien's POV:

       Adrien thinks do my ears deceive me or did Marinette just say she wishes to be friends?  He has no clue what brought this on since he thought she hates him.  He wonders if the medication is messing with her head.  

        He does say another word to her, he turns on the computer instead and sees the email message from Nino and Alya. He can tell they are thankful for all his help.  This is the fourth time they have emailed about it. He also sees an email from Lila Rossi. He recalls she was a former classmate of his.  He frowns as he clicks on it to see what she wants.

       Dear Adrien,

        Please accept my apologies as I hear that Miss Dupain-Cheng is a guest in your home and sews your clothes.  Talk about a disappointment, right?   It is not every day someone has his enemy in his household, am I right?

        Why did your father hire her?  Everyone knows your father makes better garments than her any day.  Besides, I hear Chole Bougerious went into the fashion business. Unlike that second rate seamstress, your father hired she is a famous person with her clothing brand, her website, a store, and so on. 

       I suggest you give Marinette Dupain-Cheng the boot if you know what is good for you. It will save you lots of embarrassment in the long run.

       Sincerely,

      Lila

    Rossi

     Adrien's face is red with anger after he finishes reading the message Lila sent him. He can not believe she would say such horrid things about another person like this.  No wonder, Marinette never trusted her in the past.  Why that young lady has a thing or to learn about manners.