Chapter 13 Stuck In a Rut

*Shout out goes to @VenonieElderkin for her advice to have Marinette explain to Adrien that it is not his fault. Thanks so much as the subtitle "Stuck in a Rut" goes that is how I felt when it came to inspiration for this chapter until you gave a great suggestion in the comments.

        Now without further ado, I present to you Chapter 13 Stuck in a Rut.  I hope you like it and feel free to comment.  I appreciate the feedback as long as it is not crude or inconsiderate of me or others.  

         Narrator's  POV:

           Adrien Agreste feels everything is a mess.  He does not know how or why.

           It seems like everywhere he turns things go wrong.

           He knows his mother used to call him her precious, little Chat.  He misses her so much and wishes she were here.

            Marinette can tell Adrien appears to be down. She feels maybe there is more to him than meets the eye.  There must be something she can do, but what?

               *Author's note: Ladybug and Chat Noir do not exist in this story, Plagg is Adrien's cousin for those who have forgotten this fact, and Tikki is Marinette's sister.

     Marinette's  POV:

     Marinette thinks goodness Agreste why do you keep blaming yourself?  It is not your fault I am clumsy or that I did not watch where I was standing?   I should have been more careful.

       She looks at Adrien and sees him bow his head in shame.  She can tell he looks rather upset about the whole thing.

       "Adrien Agreste, look now, I see no point in all this fuss,"  Marinette blurts out.

       "Mari, it is my fault and that is all there is to it,"  Adrien replies.

       "Goodness, you were always so stubborn,"  Marinette retorts.

     "As I recall you were always so ...." Adrien starts to say.

        "I am always so what?"  Marinette asks with furry in her eyes.

     Adrien's  POV:

    Adrien thinks if I tell her she was always hard-headed then she will be even angrier. 

     He struggles with how to answer her. 

      "Just forget it,"  Adrien says as he looks at his feet.

        "Adrien, it is not your fault,"  Marinette argues.

        "Is too," Adrien replies.

          "Oh, so I suppose next you will blame my clumsiness and refusal to watch where I step your fault,"  Marinette responds.

          "Adrien, I already told you it is not your fault,"  Marinette responds.

              Adrien thinks ugh, why does she insist that I am not to blame.  After all, I did not stop her from getting hurt, so it is on me.

       Marinette's  POV:

        "Let me put it another way, Adrien, if you refuse to believe me then I will tell your father what a gentleman you were when it came to my knee,"  Marinette says with a grin.

          "Me gentlemen?  Ha, as I recall I am nothing but a spoiled rich boy!" Adrien says with a scowl.  He immediately regrets this when he sees the look she gives him.