Chapter 19 Snippets

Adrien's POV:

          Adrien feels so awkward about the entire thing. He figures she must think him foolish after he makes an ordeal over her ankle. It is not like they are together. 

"Natalie has the silliest ideas in her head!" Adrien blurts out.

    He realizes he has her attention now more than he has in a while.

       Tikki's POV:

      Tikki walks past the door and overhears a few snippets of the conversation.

       She rolls her eyes the words about what Natalie believes. She knows everything the others say is true.    She can figure out a person's feelings by expressing their faces, words, and tone of voice they use.

       "Bologna, she loves you silly boy," Tikki objects.

       Marinette's POV:

       "Close the door since we have eavesdroppers who think they know everything," Marinette demands.

      She waits for Adrien's response and is surprised when he gets up and shuts the door.  She chuckles under her breath when she sees the stunned look on his face.

      "What is so funny?" Adrien inquires.

      "If you could see yourself right now you would know," Marinette giggles as she speaks to him.

      Adrien's POV:

      Adrien finds it rude for others to have fun at his expense. Maybe he was right to let her slip through his fingers. Besides, how could he expect her to change?  
     He sighs as he facepalms himself.  Then, he hands her a notebook so she can sketch out some ideas for future seamstress work.  

      "I will leave you to it," Adrien announces as he exits the room.

        He  calls out, "Natalie, if anyone needs me, I will be out back!"

       He makes sure to take a jacket with him since the weather has cooled a bit.

           "Adrien's  Flashback..."

           "Adrien, you going to ask me to the prom?" Chole questions as she flashes her teeth.

           "No, Chole, " Adrien answers. His tone of voice harsher than he intends it to be at the moment.

        "Adrikins, we are good together, you will see," Chole retorts.

       "The man tells you no, and you still pester him,"  Lila scoffs.

        "Man, I see no man here just a boy who never grows up!" Marinette exclaims as she sticks out her tongue at him.

          "Ouch, need some ice for that burn man?" Nino asks.

        Adrien shrugs his shoulders and walks away before anyone can see his tears.  Later, after school, it rains and he thinks here is my chance.  He pulls out a black umbrella and holds it out for the blunette.  

  "Hi, Marinette, was it?" Adrien inquiries.

    "So, What of it?"  Marinette responds with a scowl.

     "I saw you did not have a raincoat, so here," Adrien offers her the umbrella.

        "Ha, I would not take that from you if my life depended on it.  You are just a spoiled rich boy!" Marinette argues.

       "I was removing the gum from the desk and.." Adrien begins.

     "Save it!  You think I will buy such trash!  Ha!" Marinette replies.

      "At least take it so you will stay dry on the way home," Adrien offers.

     "Look, I rather die than take anything from you!" Marinette spat out. She turns, flicks her hair, and leaves.

        Adrien stands there with a hurt look on his face as he waits for his driver to take him home. He thinks so much for being her friend.  

         Many years later, "What she is my seamstress! Ha, very funny!" Adrien laughs. He thinks it is a joke.

    End of Flashback...

    Plaggs's  POV:

    "Where did my cousin run off too?" Plagg wants to know.

     "He just went out in that direction," Marinette answers with a shrug of the shoulders.

      "Alright thanks, Marinette!" Plagg exclaims with excitement in his voice.

         He closes the door after he speaks to her and goes outside to find Adrien.

 Marinette's POV:

   Marinette draws some designs down in the sketchbook. She wonders if it would be too forward to ask Mr. Agreste if he wants her to design some clothes for herself and Natalie as well. Maybe even a few for Plagg.  

    She smiles as she works hard on the drawings.

       "Wow, not bad if I say so myself! " Marinette compliments herself.

          She has not the slightest idea of what goes on in the mind of Adrien Agreste.  Yet she intends to find out soon.

     Find out more in Chapter 20

    bye, bye little owlets!

   -Summer out!

This chapter was published on August 10, 2020, and edits were made to the chapter on May 9, 2021.