Chapter 21 Scissors

Gabriel's  POV:
        He requests to see Marinette at once.

     "Miss Dupain-Cheng, I  notice that you made a few extra things. I will make sure to inform Natalie that you need more fabrics so that you may continue to sew things that please you.  I will not take no for an answer.  You did a splendid job on the six suits for my son, Adrien as well as the other things."

     "Anything else, Mr. Agreste?" 

     "Yes, Marinette you must have new scissors at once."

    "Scissors, sir?"  Marinette looks at him puzzlingly.

    Marinette's  POV:

    "May you explain, why I should have these scissors.  My other ones are perfectly fine and.." She trails off as Adrien steps into the room.

   "A-Adrien, what brings you here?" 

  She points to the chair beside her.

    Adrien's  POV:

      "Father, did you see to it that is well taken care of the area of all the sewing supplies she needs?"

        Gabriel nods his head in response.  

      Adrien wonders what the deal with the scissors was all about anyway. It was not as if she had not any.  Perhaps, there was more to it than he was not aware of at all.

     He exits the room and goes to his office at once.

     Marinette's  POV:

    "I assure you, I do not need scissors. Mine is in mint condition."

      "Well, Marinette, I actually did not call you in here to talk about scissors if you must know."

        She gives Mr. Agreste a perplexed look with an eyebrow raised.

      "What did you call me in here for then?"

      Gabriel's  POV:      

       "Oh, yes I  requested you come in here to ask you to make something special for Adrien's birthday.

     " It is coming up soon. I know you do your very best on it."

      "But Mr. Agreste, I do not plan to stick around for his birthday."  Marinette protest.

       "It does not matter, you can have the day off when it gets here.  I still  expect you to make him a special birthday surprise."

        Gabriel l thinks this is so she will not know that I already bought her some new things to help make her task easier on her.   Well, that and I know my son will be thrilled to wear whatever she makes for him. He knows that Adrien loves Marinette rather she knows it or not is yet to be seen.

        ... Later that day...

     Adrien's  POV:

     "Marinette, I would be honored if you would come over for my birthday. Not for the whole day of course, but to help eat some of the cake.  So, what do you say?"

     He holds his hands up in the air.  He shakes his head and rolls his eyes.

        What was he thinking? He should have known better. After all, everyone including himself knows how much she can not stand him.

      "I had not planned on it, but I suppose if you want me to be there it can be arranged."

    Marinette's POV:

   "I had not planned on it, but I suppose if you want me to be there it can be arranged." She blurts out.

  She has not the slightest idea why she said this. She did tell Garbiel she did not plan to show up for Adrien's birthday.  Good grief, her and her big mouth. It is going to get her into trouble someday, yep.

       "I also think that it was generous of your father to offer me more things.  I have plenty though. Anyway, see you around, lawyer boy."

     Find out more in Chapter 22

   bye-bye, little owlets!

-Summer out!