Chapter 17 Adrien's Confrontation with Andre Bougerious

Adrien's POV:
           Adrien marches straight into the former mayor of Paris, office.  He walks over to him and says, "Hi, Mr. Bougerious."

             He notices the man does not answer at first. He wonders what is with his silence before he realizes the man is watching an old video of his wedding to Audrey Bougerious, Chole's mother.

           "Sir, sorry to interrupt, but something important came up," Adrien states.

        "Not now, Nathaniel, I am busy," Andre Bougerious says without even turning around.

           "It is not Nathaniel, it is Adrien Agreste," Adrien remarks. He sees the man spin around at the mention of an old friend and former student at the high school back in Paris, France.

        "Adrien, great to see you," Andre Boguerious responds.

        "Well, I have an important matter to discuss and..." Adrien starts to say.

      Andre Bougerious POV:          

       "Goodness boy, get straight to the point," Andre says.

        "Mr. Bougerious, the thing is Chole and Nathaniel are happy together," Adrien says.

         "Oh, you did have to go and stir that up again,"  Andre Bougerious states.

              "It is a matter of the ring," Adrien says.

         "What about it?"  The man asks as if he has the foggiest idea in the world.

                Adrien's POV:

                  "Nathaniel gave her the ring that belongs to his grandmother," Adrien explains.

                    "So, go on with it lad," Andre B. blurts out.

                     "It is just that it has sentimental value to them both, and I believe it is in my client's best interest for her to keep it," Adrien tells him.

                      "Client, you mean if I do not agree to this utter nonsense you will sue me?" Andre B. says with his feet red from anger.

                     "Sir, I do not have intentions to sue anyone.  I only wish to see Chole Bougerious gets to stay with the engagement ring her fiance gave her that is all," Adrien says.  He thinks the whole matter to be quite exhausting and rather a bore to be honest.

                    Andre B.'s  POV:

                  "Adrien Agreste, let me put it this way, Nathaniel is a total mismatch for my daughter," He scoffs.

                 Adrien glares at him with annoyance at once. He finds it to be rude the man should be so judgmental when it comes to his daughter's choice in her future spouse.

                  "I do believe you to be the perfect match for her," Andre B. remarks.

               "I beg your pardon, this is not going as planned," Adrien points out. 

           "Yes, well I can not say you can blame me for trying," Andre B. reminds him.

              "So anyway, will you marry my dear Chole so she can put that useless redhead behind her and.." Andre B. starts to say.

            Adrien's POV:
        "Good grief, I will not.  I love another woman and besides, Nathaniel is plenty capable of taking care of Miss Bougerious on his own," Adrien protests.

          "Furthermore, she wants to keep the ring, so you need to chill and let her," Adrien yells at the man. He hopes to cause him to see some common sense for a change.

          Andre B. thinks for a moment then speaks up, "Adrien Agreste, when you put it that way you make it sound like I am monster.  Fine, she can keep the ring and the redhead so get out before I change my mind! " 

         Adrien nods his head and runs out of the room. He can not wait to tell them the good news.

               Chloe's POV:

       "Adrien Agreste, how did it go with daddy dearest?" Chole asks.

       "Well, Mr. Bougerious says that you may keep the ring and remain with the man of your choosing," Adrien tells her.

        "Did you hear that babe?"  Chole squeals.

         "Yes, I sure did," Nathaniel remarks with a grin.

          "Thanks so much," Chole says. She hugs him then says to Nathaniel, "Come on let us go back to our wedding plans, we do have so much to do you know."

            Nathaniel's  POV:

      Nathaniel gives Adrien a high five and remarks, "Thanks man, I owe you one."

       "Do not worry about it I was glad to help," Adrien says.

        "Okay, well tell Marinette we said hi," Nathaniel says.

           "Yes, do tell her for us both," Chole agrees.

            "Will do, and bye," Adrien says.

            Adrien's POV:

           Adrien leaves goes back to the hotel, packs his things inside the rental car, grabs a bite to eat, and texts Marinette.

           Adrien's text to Marinette

          Guess what the case wrapped up faster than I thought it would!

           See you soon, bluebell beauty!  :)

        Marinette's  text to Adrien

          It is earlier here than in New York.  

         Marinette's text to Adrien

       Glad things went well and see you.

         Adrien smiles when he sees her response.  Goodness, he feels so silly having this reaction to a text from Marinette Dupain-Cheng. It is not like they are dating or anything.

         A few hours later, Adrien arrives home safely.

      Find out more in Chapter 18  Got You This

      -Summer out!