Chapter 8 Hard Work

Marinette closes the door to the sewing area. She does not bother to lock it. She selects the fabric she has in mind and cuts it out to size. She hums a bit as she does. She does not notice when the door opens. She pays no attention as he or she enters the room. She is to busy focusing on the task. She smiles as she beings to stitch together the pieces for the shirt.  
     She finishes it a few minutes later, then begins to work on the pants. She only leaves the room for a few minutes to use the bathroom. 

    "Which way is the restroom?"  Marinette asks.

       "Ah, Miss Dupain-Cheng, it is just two doors down to the left," Natalie tells her.

    "Thank you," Marinette says and goes in that direction.

       Marinette is gone for ten minutes.  Meanwhile, whoever is still in the room remains quiet. This human is grateful for their skill at being quiet when needed. It is a good thing too as they do not wish to disturb her progress.

       She returns to the room and still does not realize there is anyone with her. She closes the door back as she forgot to do so earlier. She is glad the shirt is untouched. She hangs it up on a coat hanger then hangs it up on a rack in the sewing area. Next, she gets back to work on the pants. She hums as she continues to work long into the night.

      Marinette is a hard worker.  This much is certain as she finishes the pants. Pleased, she begins to work on the dress coat.  At some point, she yawns and falls asleep at the sewing machine table. The coat left forgotten and unfinished.  

    The onlooker smiles, blushes, kisses her cheek, leaves the room without a word, turns off the lamp, and closes the door slowly behind them so as not to wake her.  Then, they enter a different room with thoughts of how good she is at what she does.  

     *Author's note: Who was it that secretly watched Marinette?  Will they return to watch her work again later?

   Plagg's  POV:
     Hmm, what was that all about anyway? 

  He saw the other person enter the sewing area earlier that night and exit it around midnight.

 He believes they sure have some explaining to do.

 He supposes the questions about it will have to wait until morning though.  

  No need to wake the whole household up, right?

Natalie's POV:
 She thinks, should I tell Mr. Agreste about this?

 She shrugs her shoulders and thinks he has so much on his mind already.

She decides to let it slide for now.

Gabriel's  POV:
   Surely, Miss Dupain-Cheng has left now.  There is no need for her to be up at his hour.

   He goes to check and sees the room is dark, but the door is shut. 

 He grins and goes on back to bed. 

  Soon, he goes back to sleep.

Adrien's POV:
  He shakes his head and thinks, that silly girl.

 He can not believe she lied to his father.

Why did she do it?

 Was she that embarrassed to admit he was less than cooperative?

Why is she insists on her rude behavior to him anyway?

Ugh, why does he have to love someone so rude to him?

Adrien's POV:
 He sighs as he sleeps.

As he dreams his thoughts remain on certain seamstress try as he might to even think about her he can not seem to stop.

Meanwhile, Tikki thinks, strange where could Marinette be at this hour?  It is not like her to be out so late. She shakes her head and decides any answers will have to wait until morning. She soon drifts off to sleep.

   Find out more in...Chapter 9  The Suit is Almost Done

-Summer out!