Chapter 9 The Suit is Almost Done

The next morning, Marinette wakes up at seven am. She looks around her and gasps. She must have fallen asleep in the sewing room.  She wonders who turned off the lamp?  She was sure she left it on while she was working the other day. 
         Marinette gets up, turns the lamp on and finds a light switch. She turns it on grateful for the extra light to see by now.  She picks up where she left off on it. She hums as she works.

           The person who watches her the other day enters the room to watch her work once more. He keeps his distance because he does not wish for her to see him.  He hopes she will notice his presence. He can tell she is almost done with the suit.  He blushes as he thinks she looks so lovely even with her hair in disarray.  He longs to hold her in his arms.

       He shakes his head and thinks, I can not. She does not want me.  She does not wish to have anything to do with me.  He sighs.

      Gabriel Agreste hears the sewing machine and peeps his head inside the opened door. He smiles when he sees the project is well on its way. He can tell she must have worked hard on it. He believes by the looks of it she was up all night. He notices the own looker watch Marinette work and smiles.  He does not say anything that will cause the young lady any stress. He backs away and goes back to the study.  

      Gabriel's  POV:
   He thinks since when has my son been in love with her?

    He can not help, but feel sorry for Adrien.

   He knows how much the young woman despises his son.

    He wishes Adrien could get Marinette to see how great he is for her.

        Marinette smiles as she turns off the machine and examines her work.  She turns to leave the room and sees him. She scowls when she realizes he must have been spying on her the whole time.  She shudders to think about how close he was without her knowledge.

        "Adrien Agreste, you have some explaining to do," Marinette says with her hands to the side.

       "Marinette, I saw the light on and came by to see how the sewing was coming along,"  Adrien says.

       "Mind telling me just how long were you watching me?"  Marinette spat out. She glares at him.

      "I meant no harm honest,"  Adrien remarks.

        "Junior Agreste, get out of here,"  Marinette yells at him.

      "No," Adrien says.

      "I mean it now march out that door if you know what is good for you,"  Marinette blurts out.

        "No, Marinette," Adrien replies.

        "Oh, well, I ought to..."  Marinette starts to say.

            Adrien stares into her eyes and feels like he might get lost in them. He sees the angry look she gives him.  He still can not help it because he loves her more now.  He remarks,  "The suit looks great.  I am sure I shall make you proud to know I am wearing such a talented piece."

           "Talented piece, you think I have talent?"  Marinette says with surprise in her voice.

     "Yes, I mean I know you do," Adrien says softly.  He reaches up, tucks a small stray piece of hair behind her ear and without another word he backs away from her.  He looks away in wonder. He does not know how he can keep up his act for much longer.  He walks to the door and stops.

      Marinette watches him approach the door and stands there with her arms crossed across her chest. She does not say another word to him.  She feels unsure of how to react to this situation.  She did not think Adrien could be this nice.

       Adrien turns around removes the hat he wears tips it, places it back on his head, and says, "I will leave you to your work, Miss Dupain-Cheng."  He leaves the room and smiles as he enters his office.

       "Adrien, what is your explanation for being that close to your crush last night?"  Plagg asks.

       "Plagg, not now," Adrien says. He sighs and thinks did I just render her speechless.

     Adrien's  POV:
     He smirks.

   He thinks Marinette was so shocked when I told her the suit was talented.  

  He wonders where did my comment come from anyway?  It is not like I want her to know how I feel.  He only hopes she will not remember it later.

     Plagg's  POV:
    Why do I have the feeling Adrien is keeping something from me?

       Tikki wonders why has not Marinette called by now?   It is not like her to be gone overnight.  She starts to worry something bad must have happened to Marinette.  Could it be that Adrien and Marinette secretly get along better than they admit too?  She shrugs her shoulders unsure.

      Tikki's  POV:
   Should I text her?

  Should I call her?

  Should I just wait to see if my sister calls or texts me?

         "Miss Dupain-Cheng, how is it coming along?"  Gabriel Agreste asks.

        "The suit, well, it was almost done last night.  Then, I believe I accidentally feel asleep before I could finish it.  I was able to complete it a few minutes ago," She says.

       "Good, glad to hear it.  Bring it to my office around noon,"  Gabriel says.

     "Yes, sir," Marinette says.

       Gabriel leaves the room and thinks, strange she did not say a word about Adrien.  He wonders what Marinette thought when she figured out his son was there earlier.  He can not decide if he should interfere. He goes to the kitchen for the moment.

      Marinette texts Tikki

    Tikki, my first day at work was almost a disaster.

       Tikki's text to Marinette

        What happened?

   Marinette's  text to Tikki

    I will tell you later.

    Tikki's text to Marinette

   Did the outfit get ruined?

   Marinette's text to Tikki
     No, the outfit turned out fine.

   Tikki's text to Marinette

 Then, why would you say it was almost a disaster?

   Marinette's text to Tikki
     I will explain later, I promise.

   Tikki's  POV:
   Marinette sure seems uptight when it comes to telling me about the job.

   She thinks is it that bad?  

  What could make her so angry anyway?

   She rolls her eyes and thinks, somehow knowing my sister just being in the same house as Adrien was enough to set her off.

     Find out more in Chapter  10...

-Summer out!