Chapter 18 You Have Got This!

Nino's  POV:
              Nino laughs when he sees the text Adrien just sent him. He thinks goodness what does he expect me to do.

           "Alya get this, Adrien sent me a text to say he is in shock because Marinette sent him a text," Nino says.

             "Nino, you know this means progress, right?" Alya asks.

              "Progress, what do you mean by this?" Nino asks his wife.

    Nino sees her roll her eyes in annoyance and wonders what he said to offend her.

               Alya's POV:
             "Nino, Adrien has been smitten with her for years.  Yet, he just did not have the guts to admit it," Alya explains.

             Alya thinks the whole thing to be rather silly since it is not like Marinette shows any interest in him.  She sighs. 

            "The whole thing is sad because he tries so hard to act like she is not a love interest for him," Alya remarks.

          Alya can tell Nino appears to be surprised at her sudden announcement about his best friend.

               Adrien's  POV:
               Adrien walks in the door glad to speak to Marinette again. He knows his relationship with her is peculiar, but he does not care.

           He sets his bag down and closes the front entrance way.  He walks to the downstairs office and sees her.  He notices she is asleep so he does not say a word.

        He just sits close by and stares at her.  He thinks if it were possible she has gotten prettier since I was away.

               Plagg's POV:
         Plagg hears the downstairs office door open, the close. He peeks his head inside the room and smiles. 

        He is glad to see his cousin is back safely from his business trip.  "Adrien,glad to see you are back in one piece, man," Plagg happily reacts to his return.

   "Thanks, Plagg, but the lady is sleeping," Adrien says softly as he points to Marinette.

        "Adrien, you know you have to tell her, right?" Plagg asks.

     "Plagg, I can not tell her, she is just nice to me because of the medication," Adrien states.

    "Cousin, you honestly do not believe that do you?" Plagg asks. He face palms himself as the young woman turns around in her sleep.

       Plagg shakes his head as he exits the room. He thinks goodness that boy needs to relax. 

           Natalie's POV:
            "Adrien, I am glad to see how well you two are getting along now,"  Natalie says.

            "Natalie, you know it is on account of the prescription and..." Adrien begins to protest.

          "Nonsense, Adrien is because of the gentleman you have become why anyone can see that clearly,"  Natatie reminds him.

       Natalie can tell Adrien does not believe a thing she says. She thinks very well we all shall see how Marinette feels once her ankle recovers now shall we not?

     She smiles as she hums a tune to herself and exits the room.  She gets back to work on some papers that Gabriel needs filed.

   This way she is sure not to disturb the seamstress who sleeps or the young lawyer who objects to everything others say.

          Adrien's POV:
           Adrien continues to watch her sleep and feels silly about the entire thing.  He stands up and goes to his computer.  He deletes any back up files that contain messages from Lila since he  still does not trust her. 

        He has no need to as he knows she has not changed a single bit.  He does not want to risk the chance Marinette sees the words and decides to quit her job. 

       For all he knows, she still might decide to leave after her ankle heals.  He notices the bandage dangles a bit.  He gets up and pulls it off. He can tell she needs a new one.

        Adrien pulls out his medicial kit and cleans the swollen area.  He gently rewraps it with a fresh bandage and adds some ice to it. He thinks there that ought to do it.

        He wonders when the last time the doctor came by to examine the patient.  He worries about her since she does not seem to be in any better shape than she was when he went away.

      He gulps as he sees her open her eyes in astonishment.  He mumbles to himself under his breath, "Come on Agreste, You Have Got This!"

        Marinette's  POV:
        Marinette opens her eyes in surprise.  She hears him speak to himself.  She chuckles as she thinks him to be rather strange indeed.

         She is glad to see he is home early as he said.  She does wonder how his case was done so quickly. 

               "Hi, Adrien," Marinette says.

               "Hi, Marinette, I see your ankle still looks rather sore," Adrien states.

              "Yes, well yesterday, Natalie had to run an errand, your father was working, and Tiki was on a date with Plagg," Marinette remarks. 

        " I could not think of anyone else close by to call, so I did a bit of  a patch work quilt.  I must admit I accidentally bumped the sprained area on the side of the desk  on my return back from the bathroom.  It is not that big of deal," Marinette tells him.

        Marinette sees him frown and wonders why he should react in such a way. It is not like she is clumsy on purpose.

                Adrien's  POV:
               "Not a big deal, I do not want you to be out of comission for long.  I mean you make the best clothes," Adrien remarks.

       Adrien sees her eyes widen in amazement as if the thought had not crossed her mind.  He scowls and she smiles her lovely smile. He feels himself start to loosen up a bit.

   "Mari, I do not want someone else to sew for me because I know you are good at what you do.  I also can feel the chemistry we have," He explains.

    He hears her laugh and feels his face redden.  He thinks so much for knowing what I am getting into here.

     "I am serious M-Mari," Adrien mutters.

         Adrien holds her hand gently in his as he tells her, " Oh, how I missed those lovely eyes and your smile."

 He sees her face turn a bit pink at his remark, but does not tease her about it.  He just smirks instead.

          Find out more in Chapter  19
             bye, bye little owlets!
             -Summer out!