I Become Supreme Lady Of The Bathroom

Perci sat by a fire and surrounding her as she sat in the middle of a dessert. She picked up the sand and let it fall out of her hand, the wind picking up. The same light she saw last time appeared again, the same thing.

It began "Ah, he left you here, left you with nothing. I know how you feel. You want what's been taken from you. You want justice."

The ground then swallowed her.

Perci gasped and jumped awake. She saw the familiar bunks of the people in the Hermes cabin.

"You okay?"Luke asked.

"Super."Perci replied, getting up.

"We all have them, you know. Intense, recurring nightmares. That's normal here. And the daydreams, and the ADHD, and dyslexia. Demigods just process reality differently than humans do. For the first time in your life, you're just like everyone else."Luke told her.

"So are you also... Do you not know who your..."Perci trailed.

"Am I unclaimed? No, Hermes is my father. That doesn't matter, we're all on the same team here."Luke asked, guessing what she was trying to ask him.

"Why is that okay? Why do they get to bring us here just to ignore some of us?"Perci frowned.

"Spend too much time trying to figure out why the gods do whatever it is they do, you'll drive yourself crazy. Sooner you stop worrying about that, the sooner you can enjoy what this place actually does offer."Luke told her.

"And what's that?"Perci asked and Luke responded "Glory."

Luke led her out of the cabin as he continued to speak "Demigods have always fought for glory. They used to call it kleos. It's like this stuff that attaches itself to your name. Makes it bigger, scarier, more important. People listen closer when you talk, they work harder to be your friend and they think twice about messing with you."

Someone shoved themselves into Perci's shoulder, but when she turned around to confront them, she shoved her to the ground.

"Hey. Knock it off, Clarisse. It's like her first day, come on."Luke snapped at the girl.

Luke helped Perci up as Clarisse noticed Perci and said "Wait, so this is the kid who killed the Minotaur. Is that right?"

"Call me a kid one more time and I swear... Anyway, what is it for you?"Perci asked, glaring.

"I'll bet. Look, you want attention around here, dummy? You better be ready for it when it comes."Clarisse said as she jerked towards them, making Perci glare. Once Clarisse left, Perci said sarcastically "Well, she seems nice."

"Ares kids. They come by it honestly."Luke told her.

"Why don't they mess with you?"Perci asked, looking in the direction of where Clarisse and her friends walked off.

"They know better."Luke answered her with a confident smirk.

One of the cabin mates said "Luke's the strongest swordsman at camp."

"So they leave you alone because 'glory'? So if I get glory, Clarisse wouldn't mess with me either?"Perci asked Luke and he nodded and said "Eaxactly."

"And people think I'm a big deal?"Perci said.

"Well, sorta, but..."Luke trailed.

"And my dad's got no choice but to claim me."Perci stated.

"You can't force the gods to do anything."Luke said.

"Well, yeah, but... it would make it harder for him to pretend I don't exist, right?"Perci asked.

"Maybe."Luke says.