The Prophecy Comes True Part Two

Perci landed on hard grass, but she knew where she was when she saw  the familiar tree that marked thee place. Camp. When she started walking through camp, the demigods there started cheering. She was met by Luke who hugged her tightly, she smiled softly as she hugged him back.

"Do you see her yet?"Luke whispered to her.

Perci looked around and she saw Clarisse standing on the sidelines, a bit away from them.

"Why is she..."Perci began.

Luke interrupted "Don't... say anything. I'll explain."

"Clarisse stole the master bolt."Perci told Luke as he, Alexander, Luke and Perci stood in the Hermes cabin.

"It's complicated."Alexander said.

Perci asked "How is it complicated?"

"Everyone was ready to join the war here. To start fighting each other. An accusation against Clarisse..."Alexander said.

"Without proof."Luke added.

"Exactly. Without proof, it would have lit this whole place on fire. But now you're back. You've stopped the war. You've saved the world. Now, it's safe to tell Chiron and finish cleaning up the mess. I told him we needed to meet him away from the celebration so we can talk without any of Clarisse's supporters noticing."Alexander agreed.

"I'll keep an eye on Clarisse while you're gone. Make sure she isn't going anywhere."Luke said.

"Great. And we'll meet back here. Ready?"Alexander added.

It was dark now, the fireworks lighting up the sky with different vibrant colors. Alexander and Perci were walking towards the meet-up spot.

Alexander smiled "Talk about a celebration. They really pulled out all the stops for you. Come on, you've said, like, two words since we left the cabins."

Perci replied "Just... thinking about what the Oracle said. That I'll fail to save what matters most in the end."

Alexander stated, setting the lanturn he was carrying down "You're thinking about your mom. I get that. Believe me, I do. But prophecies? Those things are so vague."

"The quest is over, and everything the Oracle said has either come true or makes sense."Perci said.

"Has it?"Alexander asked.

"You shall go west and face the God who has turned."Perci said.

"Ares. Okay."Alexander said, nodding.

"Find what was stolen and see it returned."Perci said.

"Clearly the bolt."Alexander stated.

"'And you shall be betrayed... by one who calls you a friend.' Well, the reason Clarisse is still here is because... you never said anything to Chiron about her. Did you? You couldn't... because you knew Clarisse didn't steal the bolt. You did. You worked with Ares to plant it on me so when the shoes you gave me pulled me down into Tartarus, the bolt would be delivered right to Kronos."Perci told the son of Athena.

Alexander replied "I didn't think you'd give 'em to Grover to wear. I am your friend. Perci, none of this was meant to betray you. The gods are my enemy. You... I'm here to recruit."

"Recruit?"Perci repeated.

Alexander pulled out a sword and on instinct Perci took out hers, getting prepared for a fight.

Alexander said "Easy. I don't wanna fight. This is what I wanted to show you. This... is our way out. Way out of what?"

He answered, making a cut through the barrier "Camp. And their control. This is Luke's old sword. Backbiter can open secret doors. We can stay on the run as long as it takes."