Lotus Part One

Perci heard a voice ask "Do you think you're special, Lightning Thief? Do you think you cannot be replaced? I gave you the tools to steal the master bolt, only to watch it taken from you. That mistake has been corrected. But there is too much at stake for you to fail me again. The war ahead of us. The war beyond Zeus and Poseidon's war. Give me reason to question your worthiness again, and there is another that just might be ready to take your place."

Perci was watching from inside a closet, only being able to see a man sitting at a desk talking to someone.

"Don't let yourself become distracted."The man told the other person before turning himself in Perci's direction and said "Isn't that right, little hero? Not time for us to meet quite yet. Run along now. And show me what you are capable of."

Perci didn't jump awake like most of her nightmares. But that didn't really feel like one. Se looked around the back of the truck and saw Luke and Grover sleeping.

Eventually they woke. Grover was now pushing on air vent in the roof of the truck and asked Luke "Does that help?"

"Guess we're about to find out. Can you see where we are?"Luke muttered as he had a thing in his hand that Perci didn't recognize, the light from the vent making a little rainbow reflection on the thing in his hands.

"We're almost there."Grover said, nodding and poked his head out of the vent, when he came back down and he looked at Luke.

Perci walked over to Luke, sitting down. She looked over at the wall of the truck and there was a rainbow hue on it.

Luke smiled before looking over at Perci who didn't move "There. I've got a signal. Toss it, Seaweed Brain."

Perci smuttered "Okay. This will never stop being weird."

"If you want the gods' attention, you have to pay for it."Grover told her.

Luke said "Oh, Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow, please accept my offering."

When the hue responded he spoke again "Okay, show me Camp Half-Blood. Chiron's office."

The hue took a second before showing the back of an orange shirt.

"Alexander?"Perci muttered and he turned around.

"Luke! Perci! Guys! Are you okay?"He asked.

"Yeah, we're fine. Where's Chiron?"Luke said.

Alexander explained "Chiron's holding camp together with both hands. Everyone thinks we're going to war, so the cabins are taking sides. Please tell me you're calling with good news."

"We know who stole the bolt."Perci said to him.

"How do you know that?"Alexander asked.

Luke trailed off "We ran into Ares, and Grover got him talking and realized Ares knew who the thief was but was covering for them. So, who would Ares cover for other than..."

Alexander muttered "His favorite daughter. Clarisse is the lightning thief."

"Chiron's gotta arrest her, find out what she knows. There's more to this than just the bolt, something bigger. Don't ask me how I know, you just gotta trust me."Perci said

"Alright. I'm on it. I gotta go."Alexander said and the connexion disappeared.

Grover walked closer and said "Okay, got some updates. The men driving this truck are not nice people. Traffickers."

"We can do our best to help all these animals escape, but not if it means we're jeopardizing the quest."Perci told him.

Grover said, shaking his head "Oh, no, no, no. They've already got a plan to get themselves out. And us, too. I mean, some of these guys, so smart. They were really only missing, like, one piece of the puzzle to get the cages unlocked."