Female Alpha (girlxgirl)

Prolouge

"Alpha" I hear Paula a good friend of mine who is going to help me give birth to my baby says to my mate. "If she's going to give birth to a dominant she won't be able to survive it. Her body is too weak for it."

"No, she's a strong woman. She'll survive" my mate Jared tells Paula.

I know that this isn't true. I know I won't survive it. But I know that I'll get a dominant and I don't want to have it any other way. This pack needs a dominant who can lead the pack when Jared steps down. And since werewolves only can produce with their mates I'm the only one who can give them a new leader.

"I know she's strong, but I'm sorry to say that she's not strong enough" Paula tells Jared.

I listen to their conversation and pretend to be still asleep so they won't stop talking. "Then she'll get a sub it won't be a problem. We will just get a dominant son later when she's in a better condition." "Alpha I know we can't be sure what the pup will be but at the looks of it it's a pretty big pup" Paula says with a sad voice.

"This can't happen!" Jared yells "We'll just get rid of it then. I can't let her die."

He wants to kill our baby? I won't let him lay a hand on my pup. I'm ready to die. I was sick for too long now and if I don't give birth to my baby I'll die because of my illness. And dying when giving birth to my baby is still a better death then dying because of an illnes.

"I won't let you kill the baby!" I yell at him but it just comes out as a weak whisper.

"Lisa you're awake?" he asks shocked. "Yeah or do you think I talk to you when I'm asleep?" I ask sarcastically. Yeah I can still be sarcastic even if I'm near death I'm just awsome like that. "Don't be mad at me baby" he begs. " I just want the best for you."

"And I won't let you kill my pup. You can't expect a mother to kill their baby. And if I die giving birth to it then so it'll be. You know that I'm sick. There won't be a second chance to get a baby and our back won't get a new alpha and they will all die slowly. You know that a pack don't stand a chance without an alpha even a pack as strong as ours."

"I know Lisa but I can't live without you" he tells me showing his weak side. "Don't be so egoistic. I'm ready to die for our pup and I expect you to care for it when I'm not able to."

"But..." I don't let him finish his sentence and repeat my arguments one more time.

When I'm finished I see a single tear role down his cheek before he turns around and heads right out of the cave. I feel like somebody just stab me right inside my heart but it has to be this way.

"I know this was rough but I had to do it." I tell Paula and she smiles sadly at me.

"I know."

---

At around midnight I wake up and a sharp pain goes through my stomach. I let out a high pitched scream and Paula comes running in.

"What's wrong?"

"The baby." I say letting out another cry of pain.

"What's wrong?" screams Jared as he comes in running to my side.

"She's going to give birth now" Paula tells him.

"Now! It shouldn't be until next month!" Jared yells and I can clearly see the fear in his face. I don't want to let him alone. I know it's going to be hard for him but he's strong, he'll survive and so will our pup.

"I know, I know but it seems like it's coming now."

The baby I'm going to see my little pup. This thought makes me smile to myself.

"Why are you smiling? I thought you were in pain." My mate asks me confused.

"I'm going to see my baby" I tell him happy before screaming one more time because the pain comes back.

Jared sits next to me takes my hand and starts to cry softly.

"Don't cry. Even if I'll die I'll always be with you." I tell him giving his hand a squeeze.

We sit like that through all my scrams of pain until the head of our pup is visible - and it's pure black.

"It's going to be a great leader" I whisper happily.

"Yeah it's going to be really strong and it has your eyes." Jared says still tears in his eyes. As the pup is out of me Paula hands it to me and Jared. "It's beautiful just like you" Jared tells me with a sad smile. "We should call him Skylar, his eyes remind me of the sky" I say as the pup lies in my arms and I pet his little head. In this moment we are happy we are a happy family at least until Paula interupts our little family season.

"There's only one problem" Paula tells us.

"And what would that be?" asks Jared.

"The pup is a girl and not a boy. Can't you smell it?"

Jared looks shocked but I'm just happy that I had given birth to such a strong healthy pup.

"Skylar is a name for girls to" I say just before the dark swallows me.