Chapter 19

I'm so sorry that I left you guys hanging for that long but I just didn't feel like writing at all. I wanted to write but I just didn't find the strengh to do it. So I'm really sorry.

This chapter is only a short one since I have to get into the Story again but I hope you'll like it nonetheless.

-Chrissi <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skylar’s POV

When I wake up the actions of the night before come to my mind and a smile spreads on my lips. I love Rosie so much and since we mated I feel like I’m the happiest person alive. I keep my eyes shut remembering every detail of our mating and try to stand as still as possible to not wake my mate up. My mate – I already love the sound of that. Can't wait to show everyone that she's mine.

I open my eyes to look at her but when they finally are open I see that there is no one besides me. Seems like she woke up earlier and decided to let me sleep. Well she knows I need my sleep if she doesn’t want me to be grumpy all day. How good she already knows me after such a short time.

I get up pick out a pair of black skinny Jeans, a grey tee and a pair of converse and leave my room to go find Rosie. I inhale deeply but there is only a faint smell in the air. How can that be possible? I’m supposed to find her super easily now that we are mated. Well I’ll have to find out what that means after I find her. I make my way to the main hall and look out for her – nothing. Hm.. where could she be? She knows to stay close in case rouges are around.

“What are you searching for?” I voice asks besides me and I jump away in shock. I turn around to see that it’s only Riley.

“Never scare me like this again” I say scowling at him but he just laughs – jackass.

“Sure thing” he laughs and pets my shoulder “what were you looking for?”

That reminds me of Rosie again and I ask him if he saw her anywhere. To my disappointment he didn’t and so I make my way over to the next room where the hot pools are. I hear some kids of the pack play around and laugh until their parents tell them to stop as they spot me. I tell them to let the children play around and that’s when a little pup jumps on me making me stumble slightly before I gain back my balance.

The pup can’t be older than one because it still couldn’t change into its human form like all the older kids. I prepared for its parents to scowl at him but nobody says a word. Some of the other kids parents give the pup in my arms annoyed stares but other than that nobody came to get the little pup.

“Where are your parents?” I ask the pup and the little one lets out a sad howl.

“Where are his parents?” I now ask the others.

“His parents died in a car crash when we were still at your old pack” one of Rileys pack mates tells me a sad look in her eyes “everyone liked them; they were one of our strongest pack members.”

“I’m sorry for your loose” I tell them and they bow their heads as if to thank me.

“Where does he live now?” I ask looking down at the blood-red furred pup.

“He doesn’t really have a home. Everything happened so quickly and then we got here and he just stays by himself” she tells me.

“Why didn’t you take him?” I ask the others furious. How can people be so cruel and let something that sweet and young live on their own?

“We didn’t find anyone who wants him. He’s going to make so much trouble when he’s older – everyone sees that with his red fur” she dares to tell me.

“You can be happy that you are not really my pack members but Rileys. How can you just let a little pup down? I’ll take him” I say giving them one last glare before I leave the room with the pup in my arms.

“You don’t have to be alone anymore. I’ll take care of you little one” I tell him and he licks my cheek.

“What’s your name?” I ask the pup and he just barks at me a grin on his face. Well yeah forgot that pups can’t speak…

When I reach the main hall again I run into Riley once again. I tell him what just happens and he tells me that the pup doesn’t have any relatives and it’s not common for others to take orphans in their family. I scowl at that but I can’t change how they do it in their pack. I go past him to take the pup to my room. Before I’m out of the main hall I hear Riley shout my name and turn to look back.

“His name is Brian” he tells me before turning around and walking away.

“Brian, so that’s your name” I say looking down at my new family member. I hope that Rosie won’t mind him, but how could she? I mean look at him he’s the sweetest pup ever. That brings me back to my original problem. Where is Rosie?

“Stay here until I come back” I tell Brian as I reach my room. He barks happily and jumps on my bed falling asleep immediately. I smile softly at my little pup before heading to search for my mate again. I decide to just follow the scent even if it’s just fainted and end up outside of the cave where I meet Shawn and Jaime. When I ask them about Rosie Jaime tells me that he met her yesterday night when he went for a walk because he couldn’t sleep. He tells me that Rosie said that she would go outside for a bit because she needs fresh air.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Does she regret being mated to me? I run after her smell until I reach the border of my land and her smell just seems to disappear. Could it be? Could it really be that she regretted what we did and decided to run away? The thought hits me hard and I feel a pain stronger that I ever felt fuelling me. My brain can only focus on the fact that she left me and after a short while it gets too much to handle and I black out.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all liked it. :)

Tell me what you think and just tell me the truth. I need it to get better at writing and write more.

Vote!?

Comment!?

-Chrissi <3