Chapter 1

Skylar’s POV

I hate my life. Living with a punch of werewolves is bad enough but being the only daughter of the alpha is worse. I have to take over the pack when my dad steps down but he thinks since I’m a girl they won’t except me as their leader. Because of that I have to pretend that I’m a boy – all my life. Since I’m a little pup I was never allowed to play with the other girls instead I had to play with the boys. My dad even bought me an expensive perfume so that I smell like a male to my pack mates.

My black hair is always cut short, I have to wear clothes that males wear and I’m not allowed to wear any make-up. A bandage is around my breasts so that they are invisible and I have to train hard to gain muscles. I really look like a guy. At school I’m in the football team – I’m even the captain. Because of that everyone at school knows and likes me. There are so many girls following me and trying to get with me – if they knew.
Yeah my life sucks.

Next week is my sixteenth birthday and the whole pack is planning it for weeks now. As if it’s something drastic. It’s just a birthday for gods’ sake. Yeah I’ll be one year older, allowed to drive a car and I’ll be allowed to go hunting with the other wolves. But the thing the whole pack is looking forward to is that I’ll be able to find my mate. I’m not looking forward to it – I mean what should I do?

If it’s a straight boy it’ll be difficult to get him since everyone thinks I’m a boy.

If it’s a gay boy he’ll go out with me but since we’re supposed to mate he’ll find out that I’m a girl and run away.

If it’s a straight girl she’ll happily go out with me but it’s the same problem as with a gay boy.

If it’s a lesbian she won’t go out with me ‘cause she’ll think that I’m a boy.

Like I said my life sucks. And even if I my mate’s bi when she or he finds out that I’m a girl they’ll hate me for lying to them.
Because of that I’m not going to search for my mate. If I meet them I’ll just pretend that I they aren’t my mate and go on with life as I did before. It’s the only thing I can do if I don’t want to get hurt.

“Sky” my best friend and future beta Liam calls interrupting my thoughts.
“Hey what’s up?” I ask. “Have you forgotten? We have to be at the alphas in seven minutes for our hunting and leading lesson” he reminds me. “Yeah I forgot. Thanks for reminding”
“Then let’s go”

Liam leaves his house and I follow right behind. He’s going to be a great beta. His hair is almost as black as mine and his tall body is very muscular. He is the nicest person I know but if it’s necessary he can beat the shit out of everyone – expect me. He never beats me when we fight for the fun of it – if he only knows that he’s losing against a girl. That would be hilarious.

In no time we arrive at my house. It’s the biggest around here although only my father and I live in it. The rest of the pack lives in the houses which surround ours. We moved here when I was only two years old and I’m really glad. I wouldn’t bear living in the caves were I was born. It’s not that I don’t like the nature, I really do, but living in caves? It’s cold and sleeping on the ground isn’t very comfortable. But the main reason why I didn’t like living there is that my mom dyed in one of the caves.

We enter the house and my father already awaits us. “Don’t let us waste any time. We have much to do” the alpha says turns around and heads for the woods that surround our pack houses. We quickly run after him not wanting to anger him.

When we arrive at the caves the alpha looks us deep in the eyes.
“You two are going to be the leaders of the pack when I and your father step down” he says nodding at Liam. “It’s very important that you learn exactly what you have to do because if you don’t act after it some pack members and other packs will doubt you and maybe even challenge you to get your position. So listen what I tell and show you and learn.”

“At first I’ll show you how to hunt since you are going with the hunting party next week.”
We all change into our wolves and my dad shows us how to find and catch an animal. It’s pretty simple and we go back to my house after about an hour. After the hunting my father lectures us about all the paperwork alphas and betas have to do. He goes on about it until it’s time for dinner and we have to meet with the other pack members at the betas house where his wife cooks our daily meals.

When we finish eating I leave their house and went home to go to bed where my thoughts start spinning again. What am I going to do? I can’t pretend to be a male all my life. There’ll come a time where the others find out who I really am and I’m not looking forward to it. With these thoughts in my head I fall asleep.

---

The rest of the week was a mess. Everyone was stressed because of my birthday – except I.
When I woke up today I was relieved that it’s my birthday. I just have to survive this day and things will be normal again. Or that’s what I thought.

So this was kind of a filler chapter the real stuff will start in the next.

Nonetheless hope you liked it and please vote and comment.

-Chrissi :))