Chapter 9

• Dedicated to xuanle1998

Skylar’s POV

After lunch I asked Rosie out for our first day and of course she said yes. It’s going to be this friday and I was so happy it’s going to be great. I promised her that it will be something special none of these typical dates where you go to the movies and have dinner at a fancy restaurant. It’s going to be the best date ever!
When school ended that day I got home with Liam. I asked him about him and Molly and why he asked her out when he didn’t know if she’s his mate. The only thing he answered was that he is sure that she’s his mate.
“Liam you know that you can’t be sure before you turn eighteen!” I told him but he wouldn’t listen. He said that he is sure and I’ll see it soon enough.

But I knew better than that. I thought he knew better than that. We both saw it happen before. Happy werewolf – human relationships before the werewolf knew if they were mates. There were a few who really were mates but more often they weren’t meant to be. The humans were sad and angry when the werewolves broke up but there’s nothing more important than mates. One time the human even murdered her werewolf-ex. I know you now ask yourself how a human girl could murder a male wolf. Normally it wouldn’t be possible but he loved her too much to fight against her.

I know that Molly wouldn’t do that. She’s a nice girl – although she surely would kick his ass. She’s not defenceless she even has a black belt in karate but she just uses it for defence.
But I’m scared for Liam nonetheless. He really likes that girl I can clearly see it and if they aren’t mates it won’t be good for either of them.
Let’s hope the best.

Rosalie’s POV

It’s friday! The day of mine and Skylar’s first date. Now it’s eight in the morning – three more hours until she’ll come to get me. I’m so nervous and I don’t know what to wear. I’m not one of those chicks who don’t know what to wear because they think it’ll get them to be popular but it’s our first date and he told me not to wear any fancy clothes. She said I should just dress casually but it’s our freaking first date! I have to calm down! Normally I’m not like this at all. Normally I’m calm and not all girly!

Why is it so different this time?
‘Because you’re already falling hard for Skylar’ my brain tells me.
‘Shut up brain. I didn’t ask you!” I shout at my brain.
‘Well who did you ask then?” it tells me and I let out an annoyed sigh. It thinks that it knows everything better.
But I stop this discussion and hop into the shower.

After my shower I wrap a towel around me and go into my wardrobe looking for something to wear again. I run around not able to decide. At the end I just stuck with a pair of jean hot pants and a red tee. I go into the bathroom again to dry my hair and when it’s dry I make a messy bun. I lay up some make-up and brush my teeth first.
After all is done I go downstairs where my fathers are sitting in the kitchen.
“You’re going out?” Ben asks.
“She told us about hundred times that she’s going on a date today!” Luke says hitting Ben in the arm.
“I know I know just messing with her a bit” my father laughs holding his hands up.

“When are you going?” dad asks curious and in that moment the bell rings.
“Now!” I cry cheerfully and run out of the kitchen to open the door for Sky.
“Hey love” she says hugging me to her and giving me a light kiss on the mouth.
“You’re ready?” she says smiling warmly at me.
“Just a moment!” I scream while running inside again to get a pair of red convers and my jeans jacket.