Chapter 14

Skylar’s POV

Oh, shit! Why is Riley here? Now that he knows that I’m a girl it won’t be a secret much longer. Shit, shit, shit!
“Don’t shit in your pants. I won’t tell anyone” Riley says to me.
“And I should believe it? I’m not that dumb to believe an asshole like you!” I tell him.

“It’s the truth” he says shrugging.
“Oh yeah, like you have never lied to me before.”
“I’m not going to lie anymore” he says seriously.

“Tell me a single reason why you would do that.”
“My father lied to me for that long and now I know how much lies can hurt” he tells me looking sad now.
“So the all mighty Luzifer told you the truth then?” I ask wondering why he would do that.

“Don’t you dare saying anything bad about my father” Riley snarls at me.
“Okay, okay. No need to stress like that” I tell him holding my hands up.
“That’s not why I’m here anyways so as long as you don’t say anything bad about my dad there won’t be a problem.”

He’s here for a reason? Why would Riley come to me? He knows that I can’t stand him.
“Oh you surly ask yourself why I’m here. Well I want to ask you for a favour.” He wants to ask me for a favour after all he did to me and my family?
“Don’t look like that! I wouldn’t have come here if there was another option.”
When I ask him what this is all about he asks if my pack can take care of his. What the fuck?
“Why would we do that after all that happened?”

“Because we have no one to lead the pack. We got attacked about three hours ago and my dad, his beta and many other pack members died when they fight. I’m far too young to lead the pack you know that I would have to be twenty one and I’m not even eighteen yet! We got it really bad since most of our strong wolves died and now I ask you if you could take care of the others. You don’t want the women and pups to be defenceless, do you?”

Wow I never thought that would happen. They were a pretty strong pack and I never thought Riley would ask me for help.
“I can’t decide that. You know I’m not the alpha yet so you’ll have to ask my father” I tell him because I can see that he told the truth.

“You really trust him?” asks Liam as I put on my cloths to lead the way back to my house.
“I don’t trust him I know how he is but I also know that this was the truth and I will give him a fair chance to talk to the alpha” I say and with that we all finish dressing and leave the cave.