Chapter 10

Skylar’s POV

When I hear the growl I quickly push Rosie behind me. I watch the forest carefully and a big brown wolf comes out of it. I immediately recognize him – Riley. Quickly I send a message to my father and Liam through our mind link and glare at the wolf. How much I hate Riley. I should have ended his pathetic life earlier before he got a chance to get to Rosie. But I won’t allow him to hurt her. He growls darkly at us and I growl back even lower.

“Did you just growl?” asks Rosie sounding shocked.
“Not now. Come on let’s hide in the cave!” I tell her and pull her inside again.
I never let my eyes travel away from Riley. I know him too good to underestimate him. He’s a beast – a strong one at that. He hates me since we were even born. He was trained to do so. You know his father and my mother had a thing going on in high school. His dad is the alpha of the Bloodmoon-Pack the next biggest around here. When Luzifer – that’s the alphas name – turned eighteen and he noticed that my mum wasn’t his mate he got angry. He kidnapped her and wanted to have her nonetheless.

My mum was a strong wolf and yelled for help in her mind. My father heard the cries of his mate and went to rescue her. It wasn’t easy but in the end he won leaving Luzifer beaten at the ground. Since then the Bloodmoon alpha hates our family. That ungrateful brat! He should be happy that father didn’t kill him. He told Riley a different story and made him hate our pack. We got into fights regularly when we were in middle school until my dad took me out of school and had me home-schooled.

Right now we slowly step back me glaring at Riley in hate. He only smirked and yeah you notice it when a wolf smirks evilly. I hope that the pack is coming soon because I don’t want to change in front of Rosalie. That would shock her too much. I want to tell her sometime when she is ready for it but when Liam and dad aren’t coming soon I’ll have to change to keep her safe. I see Riley fixing on Rosie ready to jump so I yell at her to run into the cave and wait there until I’m coming to get her. At first she doesn’t want too but when Riley comes at us she runs.

I quickly change into my pitch black wolf snarling dangerously at my opponent. He doesn’t seem to be faced at all and we start to circle each other. Then suddenly he lungs forward attacking me. I jump back growling again and snap at his foot. I get a hold of it and bite as hard as I can feel the blood filling my mouth. Sadly he gets a hold on my neck now and bites down hard. I howl in pain and then his teeth are gone. I look back just to see my father attacking him. Liams wolf comes out of the forest not even a minute later and he comes towards me licking my wound. I can feel it closing slowly and he continues to lick it until it’s closed completely.

I change back into my human form telling my father to stop so I can talk to Riley who lies on the floor bleeding from several wounds now.
“What do you want from us?” I ask growling dangerously.
“What I want? I don’t want anything I have it already” he laughs. Yeah he just laughs although he is surrounded by three strong wolves.
“And what is it that you want?” I ask him dangerously. When he doesn’t answer I ask again this time kicking him in the guts.