Chapter 13

• Dedicated to Goulddigger

Please read the A/N at the end of this chapter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skylar’s POV

I look up and my eyes meet his – Rileys. What is he doing here? He should know by now that he isn’t welcomed in this city. When he recognizes us a smirk appears on his face and he comes towards us two of his pack members following him.
“If this isn’t my escaped mate” he says smiling evilly at Rosie.
“She’s mine get your filthy hands away from her” I growl at him as he holds his hand out to her.
“Ah possessive much?” he smirks at me.

“No, but I protect what I love” I say glaring at him.
“Ah but she loves me” he says his smirk growing on his face.
“You’re just like your father” I spat at him and his face turns red in anger.
“Don’t you dare saying anything bad about my father it’s yours that stole his mate” he spats.

“What are you talking about? Your dad hid my fathers mate from my father just because he loved her. He knew exactly that a mating bound is much more than simple love and no one is allowed to keep them from each other” I growl.

“Your dad didn’t tell you the truth? Was he too ashamed so that he told you a completely lie?” he asks me.
“No that’s what your dad did” I growl dangerously at him.

“What’s going on here?” a waiter asks.
“Nothing. Riley here wanted to leave now anyway” I say and point at my enemy.
“This isn’t over Skylar. You don’t insult my dad like that” he says angrily but turns to walk away.
“Who was that?” Molly and Bobby ask at the same time.
“No one important” I say sighting and hugging Rosie to my side.

After that we ordered and ate our meals talking about nothing serious. It was a nice night and we decided to hang out in our territory for a while. When we arrived at home Rosie wanted to go to the waterfall to see how beautiful it is at night and that’s where we are now heading to. It’s already pretty dark but with mine and Liams seeing ability in the dark and two lighters we took from my house it isn’t a problem to find the way. After a short walk we arrive there the full moon shining down letting the waterfall look magical.

“It’s even more beautiful than last time I saw it” Rosie says looking fascinated. The twins who never saw the place before seem to have lost their words and stare at the water in awe. After a while staring at the water Liam wants to go swimming. I remind him that’s not really warm yet and after dipping their toes in the water the others agree with me.

“But who said that I wanted to go swimming here?” Liam asks smirking.
“The hot pools” Rosie and I say at the same time.
“The hot pools?” ask Molly her brother who seems to be just as confused as she is.