Chapter 16

Skylar’s POV

I thought finding a territory wouldn’t be difficult but boy was I wrong! I’m searching for a week now and haven’t found a place to make a new pack yet. I searched around our old territory but there are already other packs. I searched at the other side of the city but nothing. Right now I’m sitting in Rosie’s room thinking about what I could do but I just can’t find a solution.

“Don’t look so sad I think I may have found a place for us to stay” my gorgeous mate says coming inside.
“What? Where?” I ask her in disbelieve. How could a human find a place where no werewolves life?
“Next to Rileys old territory. I met him at the mall and we talked for a bit. When I told him we haven’t found a territory yet he told me about that place. What do you think?” Well Riley would know that but can we trust him? I know he’s nicer now that his dad is dead but who knows maybe he’s just a good actor.

“Well it’s worth a try” I tell her and we both go outside to my car. I drive us there which takes about an hour since Rileys territory was pretty big. When we arrive at the border of the territory I tell Rosie to stay in the car until I’m back. I won’t risk her life just like that. For once she doesn’t argue and I quickly change into my wolf running into the woods. It seems to be a free land since I can’t smell any wolves. To make sure that the territory would be big enough I run through it until I get to the next territory and so on. It takes me a while to get from one border to the next but it seems big enough and I already saw enough deer to keep us alive.

When I get to the last border to check a smell hits my nose. It’s the smell of a wolf and if my nose is right it’s only a single wolf. This can only be a rouge and I can’t let rouges be on my land. Yeah I decided to take it as a territory and already marked it. So I run in the direction of the wolf to get rid of it. As I get closer the smell gets more intense and now it’s filled with the smell of blood.

I run faster and when I arrive I can see two wolves lying on the ground. One is pretty big only an inch or so smaller than I am. It’s a dark brown fur and I can tell by the way it looks that it has to be pretty strong too. The second one is quite the opposite. It’s really small not much bigger than a normal wolf would be and it has a fur white as snow. Well it probably has a white fur normal but now it’s covered in blood. It looks pretty bad and the bigger wolf tries it’s best to heal the wounds. But they are too big to close with only his healing ability.

I know that I first wanted to chase them away but now everything is different. The small wolf seems in so much pain and the bigger one too. I guess they are mates by the way they are acting. I slowly make my way over to them but I don’t get far before the brown wolf stands in front of me growling dangerously. I let my head fall down to let him know that I won’t do anything to them but it just continues growling at me.