Chapter 15

Skylar’s POV

I stare at Adam in shock. I always thought he was one of my best friends why would he do something like that? He catches me staring and smiles evilly.
“Aww, did little Skylar really think I was his err her friend?” he asks sounding amused.
“What’s wrong with you?” I ask shocked.
“Well, so you really thought we were friends. How pathetic of you. I never was your friend I couldn’t stand you since the first time we met” he laughs evilly and comes towards me and my friends.

“Liam take the twins and Rosie home” I say before turning back around to keep an eye on Adam.
“But..” I hear them argue.
“No buts!” I say and the twins quickly jump inside the car.
“They can go but I’ll stay. I’m not going to let you alone” Rosie tells me and her tone tells me that there is no arguing about it.
“Okay if you want to. But Liam take the twins out of here now” I order and he jumps into the car driving of immediately.

“Why would you pretend to be a friend of mine” I ask Adam now angry.
“Well you don’t know what it feels like to be put to a lower rank. I’m just a middle rank now although I have alpha blood in me” he growls. Wait what? Alpha blood? How could that even be possible? My dad never cheated did he? I stare at my dad but he just shakes his head.

“You really thought we could be half-brothers? You get more pathetic every moment. My dad was so much stronger as was my mum. They were one of the strongest wolves on this planet but they didn’t stand a chance when many packs made a plot” he says looking at everyone who stands by.

“They brought me here to this pack so I would survive and I did. But nobody here respects me as they should. I’m an alpha after all” he yells angrily.
“You ungrateful brat!” my dad spits at him.
“Well I don’t care what you all think of me. This fight is on and you can’t do anything against it” Adam says grinning evilly.
“That’s something you’re right about” my dad says looking sad. “The fight will be tomorrow right in the morning” my dad says to everyone and dismisses them afterwards.

Rosie squeezes my hand and I feel better immediately. I’m the strongest wolf in this pack I can make it and I will. My dad, Rosie and I go back to our house. My mate didn’t want to let me alone so she’s staying here now and I’m grateful for that. I don’t want to see her to see me fighting but she’s helping me a lot. We lay down on my bed cuddling. I pull her to me tightly and she lays her head on my shoulder. We lay there like that until sleep falls over us.

The next day we stay up early heading towards the cave where our fight is going to be hold. Rosie never let go of my hand the whole way there and whispered calming things in my ear since I started to get a bit nervous. When we arrive at the cave many others of the pack are already there. Most of them wish me luck but others just glare at me. I guess they didn’t like me being a girl but who cares as long as Rosie and my friends are on my side I don’t mind it at all. This let me think of Adam again.