𝟎𝟎𝟐. because i love you

♥.。.♥.。.:ᡣ𐭩୨⁠♡ৎᡣ𐭩:.。.♥.。.♥

"MATT!" YOU GIGGLED AS YOUR BOYFRIEND kissed your neck. "i'm going to kill you if you give me a hickey, you know?" you placed your hands on the sides of his face and lifted his face up from your neck.

matt let out an over exaggerated groan as he rolled off of you and onto the mattress beside you. "i think your dad would kill me before you could even lay a finger on me." matt turned his head to you and chuckled.

you forced a smile even though you didn't think it was very funny. matt noticed the fake smile plastered on your expression and leaned in and kissed your forehead. "sorry." he whispered.

"it's not your fault. it's okay." you whispered back as matt turned over and pulled you into his chest, rubbing your back up and down slowly.

matt was staying over for dinner tonight after your dad caved in and let him stay over for a few hours. you wouldn't stop nagging him about matt coming over for the whole day until he gave up on saying no and agreed to have matt over for a while. the truth was, you just wanted to hangout with matt openly at your house without having to sneak around. letting matt stay for dinner is a very rare occasion, since your dad doesn't like matt very much and knowing you were in love with him makes him not like matt a significant amount less. little does he know, you're sneaking around his back with matt, secretly dating him.

suddenly there was a knock on your bedroom door and you quickly rolled away from matt, and grabbed your phones to make it look like your were both sitting in silence.

"yeah, come in." you spoke normally.

yours and matt's eyes flicked up to your bedroom door to see your dad open the door. matt's breath hitched in his throat once his eyes met your dads.

"dinners ready." your dad spoke dryly. "also, no sitting on the same bed. you should both always be sitting somewhere separately." he cleared his throat.

"what?" you sat up, throwing your phone aside. "that's so unfair. first of all we're only friends, second, we're on separate sides, and thirdly no! matt's not doing anything wrong, and neither am i." you defended both you and matt.

matt stayed silent. letting you do the talking since he is mad afraid of your dad.

"y/n. i'm not arguing with you right now. you will listen to me." your dad spoke firmly.

you rolled your eyes, scoffing as you got up off of your bed, matt quickly following behind you as you both left your room, brushing past your dad and walking downstairs. this shit was getting to be unbelievable and you were getting fed up by the second.

"hey, you okay?" matt asked softly as his fingers slightly brushed your wrist. he was quiet enough so no one heard, and you were kind of hid behind a wall.

"yeah. i'm just so, so, sick of this, matt." you sighed, pinching the bridge of your nose.

"i know. god, i'm so sorry, baby. i'm so sorry." matt whispered, repeating himself and placing a hand on your waist and pressing his lips to your forehead, peppering a few kisses.

"it's okay," you whispered. "it's not your fault." you repeat for what feels like the millionth time, and you wonder when you will ever stop needing to say that. but the real answer was when your dad would choose to cut the bullshit.

୨⁠♡ৎ 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐩 ୨⁠♡ৎ

THE SILENCE WAS LOUD AS YOU all ate dinner. it was a little awkward, you had to admit. but you were just glad matt was here with you.