39.

Today at around 11pm we boarded our flight to Greece

Today at around 11pm we boarded our flight to Greece. It was a rough three hours flight and I slept throughout.

Initially, I had planned to enjoy every minute of this short vacation, but I couldn't help, but sleep in my husband's arms.

We had our separate seats, but I decided to stretch my legs on my seat and slept in his lap, with him holding me close and providing me with warmth and reassurance.

I was wrong about my bed, being the most comfortable place to sleep, his arms are more comfortable and my new favourite place to sleep in.

After our arrival, we checked in, into our AirBnb and I immediately locked myself in the bathroom, with the excuse of needing to use it.

Honestly, I was freaking out. I admit, I was and I'm excited about our time together here, but now it really hit me that we have to share one bed. One.

As soon as we stepped into the room, the first thing that caught my attention was the so neatly made bed.

It got really serious now and it's our first night together, in one room. Aaliyah, shut it! What are you thinking about?!

I whinned internally and decided to just step out. I couldn't lock myself in the bathroom forever. I gathered my courage and turned the doorknob, being met with the room.

Only the lamps above the bed were on and Ouahib was just taking off his slippers to get into the bed, when he noticed me, peeking out of the washroom.

"Have you forgotten anything?" He asks, squinting his eyes at me. I just stare at him, my tongue tied, as I can't speak a word.

"Oh, your pyjamas, I've taken them out," He says, as if remembering. "Here," he hands me my lavender coloured pyjamas and I hurriedly take them and lock myself in the bathroom, again.

I decide to not overthink anything and just go with the flow, when another realisation hits me.

It's the first time he's going to see me, without my hijab! Allah! How many awkward things do I have to go through tonight?!

I changed into my pyjamas and combed my hair. There is nothing special about it. Plain dark brown straight hair.

I put them into a bun and was just overthinking whether I should sleep here in the bathtub, when a knock on the door interrupted my absurd thoughts.

"Aaliyah? Is everything okay? It's been nearly an hour, that you've been inside," comes Ouahib's concerned voice from the other side of the door.

I momentarily close my eyes, take a deep breath and take an impulsive desicion, I might regret, or not.

I grab the doorknob and pull the door open with all my force. Ouahib stands still, as his hand was about to knock again on the door and the worry on his face is replaced by utter astonishment.