Father's Day Special

"Aye Loc! You spendin the day wit ya baby?" we was at my house playin the game and listenin ta the radio fa some unknown reason, but they said sum bout father's day.

"That schemin hoe lied through ha fuckin teeth, that wasn't my damn baby. Bitch got me fa my damn money, and she slowly payin that shit back too, had my life fucked up." I laughed at this nigga. "Ain't shit funny, but what's up wit you? You goin ta Cali?"

"Nah, imma just call my mama and talk ta my daughter, I guess." it's like 6 in the mornin, we ain't got shit else ta do.

"That's what's up, imma chill wit my mama ta day, she played daddy when she had to, ain't no father's day in my house, it's mother's day part two." his pops dipped out befoe he was born, he'on really know the whole story because his mama changed it up every time he would ask bout it.

"I might go visit Anwar, and let him know what up wit his fam."

"That's what's up, when you gon call ha and let ha know it's clear?"

"She know, she said she gon stay down thea until he get released."

"Cool. Enough of all'at talkin, I'm bout ta whoop yo ass in this 2k."

__

"Can I call my daddy?" Amani asked her mother as they were on their way to her grandfather, Armond's, house to celebrate father's day with him.

"Ask your nanny." Aurelia responded, and Amani turned to Diana asking her to call her son, Adonis.

__

"Hello?" after beatin Loc ass in 2k and winnin $800 from that, he left and I went ta sleep at some point.

"You sleep?" my mama asked.

"Just wakin up." I sat up yawning, and glancing at the time on my phone, damn it's 4:30 already

"You up fa talkin ta Mani?"

"She can talk ha head off, but yeah." I'll go see Anwar next weekend, ion even know if they allow visitors on Sundays.

"Alright, she'll call you on facetime." I'm so glad Rel ain't petty, and tryna keep me from talkin ta Mani.

We hung up and I went ta the bathroom ta take care of my hygiene, while doin this, my phone rung. Mani's callin.

"Happy daddies day!!!" she yelled as soon as our faces popped up. I laughed a little, but thanked ha afta spittin toothpaste out. "You're far away, and I don't know what you like, so I didn't get you anything." she sounded kinda sad.

"You did get me somethin." I spoke afta finishin up.

Ha eyes lit up. "I did? What?"

"You called me, and that's all I could eva ask fa."

"But... I got mommy something for mommies day, and she saw me. I have to get you something."

"You can give me a picture of you, how bout that?"

"Do you have one?"

"Nope, nanny has one though."

"Ok." she turned ha head. "Mommy! Can we send daddy a picture of me?" she asked Rel. It's still kinda hard ta believe I'm talkin ta my daughter.

"We'll send them back with Nanny and Uncle Alex" I heard Rel say.

"Ask Nanny for it when she gets back." Mani told me.

"I will thank you."

"And I'm gonna make you a card! If I knew what size shirt you wore, I would tell Ms. Tracy or mommy to help me make you something to match my fly." I laughed at ha as I walked in the kitchen.

"You be fly?"

"Duh! Mommy makes clothes, so I'm always fly." I laughed at her and pulled some bacon out the fridge.

"Ion believe that." I turned the oven on.

"Believe what you want to. I'm the flyest 5 year old around." Ha confidence reminds me of me.

"Ion know bout all'at, I've seen some pretty fly 5 year olds out'chea."

"They ain't got nothing on me though, I got more swag than a lot of people mommy age."

"Ok, ok" I laughed. "I believe you. What yall doing? "

"We're on the way to my papa house."

"Do you wanna call me back?"

"Uh... no, we missed 5 whole years! You're going to talk to me, mister." I laughed along with everybody in her background.

"Ok, what we talkin bout, lil one?"

Guess that was the wrong thing ta ask, because we talked until the phone went dead. Damn, I can't wait ta meet ha.

------

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers and fathers-to-be, and to the mothers who had to act as both parents!