21.

"Mani. You ready to go?" I asked stepping in her room, to see if she was ready for practice.

"Mommy, we need to talk." I only shook my head, and sat on her bed in preparation for this 'talk.'

"After this year, I'm not going to cheer anymore, ok?"

"Is there a reason why?"

"It's too hot outside, and I'm too cute to be out in the sun." I knew this was coming.

I haven't paid for her cheer stuff in full, simply because their first game was a scrimmage, and their uniforms aren't in yet. I'm not gon waste no money on something I know she isn't gonna do for too long, so she can honestly quit, now. Their dues was like $375, and all I paid was $125, just to reserve her spot and for that bootleg ass uniform they wear. Hell I could've made that uniform, and it would've been cheaper, and better looking. But anyway, I was gon pay the rest today, but doesn't look like I have to.

"Do you want to quit today? I haven't paid for everything yet."

"Yes! Is it too late to join dance?"

"I can call Camilla to see if she's still holding auditions, this way you can dance with Gabby."

"Please!"

"You won't be able to quit this time, you have to do it at least until the season ends, deal?"

"Deal!"

"Ok, get dressed, we still gotta go to the park and let your coach know." she nodded, and I went to call my cousin.

__

"Lia!!!!!" Gabby answered, her mom's phone.

"Hey, Gabby. Where your mama?"

"She's dancing."

"Is she having auditions?"

"I think so, hold on." Gabby asked, and I heard shuffling in the background, followed by Camilla's voice. "Hello" she sounded outta breath.

"Hey! You still holding auditions?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Mani, wanna try dancing."

"What happened to cheering?"

"She said she too cute to be outside." she started laughing.

"She can come, she'll be on the baby squad though."

"That's fine, when you want me to bring her?"

"The older crew bout to take a break in about 30-45 minutes, and them imma work with the little ones a little more before they go, so you can bring her today or Tuesday."

"I'll see you in a few."

"Alright."

__

"So Amani doesn't want to cheer anymore, so we have to go to the park, and then she has her first dance class. I know the two of you came to see her cheer, but do you want to go with us to her dance practice?"

"Yeah, I'll be back" Alex said and took off upstairs, just as Mani came in the kitchen.

"Of course, just let me go put on some shoes." Mama Di said before going upstairs.

"You excited for your first practice" I asked pulling out my phone to send a group message.

Sent to: Pops😘👑, Bestie😘👭 - Mani is no longer going to be cheering, she decided to try dancing, her first practice is at Camilla's studio in about 30 minutes. I know this is last minute, but she just came to this realization that she was too cute to be outside.