Past (1500s) - Dom Gaspar's Compound - (Day)

Dom Gaspar is coming out of his private quarter for he has gotten word of the appearance of the Portuguese soldiers. The soldiers enter first, followed by the brothers. The queen and Sitti also emerge from their rooms and take their place in the corner of the compound.

The soldier informs the Vedor that they have a missive from Andre himself, requesting the presence of the Vedor and the Utheem brothers to the capital. The soldier hands over the missive to the Vedor, whose face turns redder as he progressively reads the missive.

The brothers look concerned, for they have no idea what has made the Vedor look so angry. The Vedor thrusts the missive for the brothers to read, who in turn look aghast, except for Mohd, who has a contemplative look on his face, his mind whirring with a thousand thoughts. 

"Very well. The brothers and myself will make our way to the capital," the Vedor informs the soldier, however with a slight pause before continuing, "but only after the tariffs and gifts have been delivered to the Regent in Goa."

The soldier shakes his head and counters back, "the delivery has been taken care off as we speak. Vedor Dom Gaspar and the Utheem brothers are to follow me back immediately on the same ship that I have arrived on. And need I remind you that there should be no arguments on this or there will be trouble."

At this, the other Portuguese soldiers touch the helm of their swords, a sign of threat looming in the air. 

The queen and Sitti glance at each other, before quickly making their way out of the compound, looking like scared woman to the Portuguese soldiers, who laugh at the fearful disposition of the royal females.